vlite or nlite

nebulaleo

I want to create vista installer. i have windows vista home basic (but no SP1) and windows xp SP2. i have install SP1 on my Vista but there many problem occur, so uninstall it back.

How can i create vista installer on XP SP2 and which software i need to use, nlite or vlite? am i need to install sp3 on xp?

Or someone know how to use vlite in vista that no SP1? I dont want to take a risk to install back SP1.

Can someone help me? TQ

I want to create vista installer. i have windows vista home basic (but no SP1) and windows xp SP2. i have install SP1 on my Vista but there many problem occur, so uninstall it back.

How can i create vista installer on XP SP2 and which software i need to use, nlite or vlite? am i need to install sp3 on xp?

Or someone know how to use vlite in vista that no SP1? I dont want to take a risk to install back SP1.

Can someone help me? TQ

Assuming that by "installer" you mean "installation disk" or "installation ISO" you'll want to use your Home Basic machine with vLite, you'll need to grab SP1 for slipstreaming unless you don't want you're custom copy of Vista to have it (a guide is stickied at the top of this sub-forum). You'll need a standard Windows Vista installation disk, your original product key which Microsoft has licensed to you, as well as the Windows Automated Installation Kit (download it from MS's site). I would highly recommend slip-streaming SP1 even though you had problems with it. For me vLite actually made things much more stable by removing a lot of resource-hungry material.

For help in the actual creation of your customized Vista ISO see Randomness's excellent guide:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=128042

If it's a custom copy of XP you're after you'll need nLite. You won't need WAIK and the process is both more powerful and more complex.

Edited by MPalmz