Is it possible to install wireless Keyboard & Mouse?

Urge

I am trying to install a MS wireless keyboard and mouse(MS says only for winXP and Vista) on a newly installed system with 98SE2ME KERNELEX vo.3.6 Maximum-Decim native USB drivers etc. all updates, no driver issues, everything works great. Computer is a pentium III 500MHz HP Pavilion, Is it possible? I get "this program has performed an illegal operation etc" when I try to start the CD.

Urge

• 2 weeks later...

I can't tell you about the Microsoft product, but I got one from Fry's that works. Made by Inter-Media, or BTC, with the label "BTC 521URFII". sticker: $29.99 sku 4771659 (I think)

Maybe if you go back to the main 'stickified' projects or go here: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=71476

to the KernelEx: Install + run NTx/XP software/games in 98/98 SE/ME project it may make your KB/Mouse work. I wonder if the CD is an NTFS, if so, you might be able to use one of the NTFS reader programs that lets 98 look at NTFS file systems to read the drivers from the CD.

tom

tomwwrote...

Maybe if you go back to the main 'stickified' projects or go here: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=71476

to the KernelEx: Install + run NTx/XP software/games in 98/98 SE/ME project it may make your KB/Mouse work.

I have Kernelex installed already, that is what I thought but, sadly, no happy ending. The Win98 computer reads the disk so it isn't ntfs. I have searched and I'm just not coming up with anything. I thought for sure that on this forum with all the amazing people here modding Win98 that this would be cake. I have to believe that it is possible but just not worth someones time especially if there are some components that work. Hey, is it possible that drivers from another model keyboard/mouse would work? Is there such a thing as generic drivers for these input devices? I'm just askin...

Urge

• 2 weeks later...

RetroOS wrote...

You could try the last Windows 9x Microsoft software.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You! I was a slacker for not trying this when I saw it a few days ago but it worked great today. I just knew it had to be possible but wasn't clever enough to figure it out, thanks again RetroOS

Urge