PE 3.0 WAIK Beta Available for download

paxamime

I am surprised no one has posted this yet but the WAIK Beta for PE 3.0 is available for download. There have been quite a few changes to it most of which look pretty good.

My internet sucks too bad right now to find it again on the MS site but they have the link at OS Attack. http://www.osattack.com

The best change I saw on the list though is the addition of the ability to boot from a USB device or at least thats what it looks like the command means.

I asked to my rep but he hasn't gotten back to me. He asked for my PE version (I have an open SR currently) and didn't say anything about needing something newer. There are a bazillion single updates to the OPK itself. Last week's OCE Weekly summary said there was an update to the December 2008 OPK and Supplements. As far as my job scope, I am only concerned with OPK updates that affect the WinPE, not so much unattended deployments or WSIM, etc, that's someone else's job here. I'm current as far as I know, with WinPE v6.0.6000 with the Vista SP1 Servicing package installed.

Wow nice! I have something to mess with this weekend. :thumbup

Meh. Can not install both versions on the same machine. Guess im going to have to build a machine in VM to test this out.

Edited by necrosis

• 2 weeks later...