[Tool] Windows Live Messenger Creator

benners

Hi :)

First all, thanks to benners for the fantastic tool :thumbup

I have a question:

I try to use the switchless SFX to create a cab file to use like addon with nLite, but not install WLM2009.

Why?

The program will only create an exe not a cab file. You can use the settings to create a total silent install then I think you can use nlite to add it to the RunOnceEx section?, not really sure, or you could create an addon. There is a link here to a program that may be effective in creating the addon for you.

thanks for answer.

I know what work your tool (very fine), but I think...expressed badly cause of my english :blushing:

I create a switchless SFX with your tool and created a cab file (to use with nLite) but WLM2009 is not installed.

I tried to use switchless SFX with RunOnce (ever with nLite) it's worked.

I read the post of elajua and him wrote...

Note: SVCPACK compatibility is not tested.

but in the thread i've found a user (mickmack) who create a switchless SFX SVCPACK compatible:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...st&p=827839

So, I think your tool create a switchless SFX not SVCPACK compatible.

Thanks for the link and info. I can update the program to add the line supplied by mickmack (cheers), if you would like to test it when it is finished?.

YES! of course :thumbup

PM sent

Could you write it so you can choose to make an addon instead of an SFX installer m8 give folks the options of which one to use? Personally I love the SFX version works very well with the WPI.

Hey benners,

I just tested your tool on Vista x64 Ultimate and sadly it does not work. When I pressed start, nothing happened (ini is present ad processed) and after that I cant close program, it's like it stuck in some loop, or you blocked window with some flags. Here is the log:

WLMC.rar

If you need some testings to fix this, I'll do it gladly, just PM me. I can help with the code if necessary.

Cheers ;)

Could you write it so you can choose to make an addon instead of an SFX installer m8 give folks the options of which one to use? Personally I love the SFX version works very well with the WPI.
Hi Stoner

I could look into that. thnx4thepen has reported back and adding the line referenced by mickmack didn't work so I am at a loss.

Hey benners,

I just tested your tool on Vista x64 Ultimate and sadly it does not work. When I pressed start, nothing happened (ini is present ad processed) and after that I cant close program, it's like it stuck in some loop, or you blocked window with some flags. Here is the log:

WLMC.rar

If you need some testings to fix this, I'll do it gladly, just PM me. I can help with the code if necessary.

Cheers ;)

Hi mara

It stops when it tries to export the registry entry using reg.exe. I am going to look at installing some 64bit OS in a VM to see if I can improve it. I normally only support 32bit apps due to lack of free hardware to test on. Thanks for the offer.

v.10-Bugreport:

Program stops working before finishing without notice, no installer is created.

WLMC.log.txt

Last line of logfile a slash is missing:

2009-04-05 21:53:10 : Cmd Line: 7za.exe a "G:\!!! PROGS\Messenger\createdMessenger_Addon_v2.0.2313.0.7z" "C:\TEMP\WLMCTemp\Addon\*" -mx9

Should be "created\Messenger_Addon_v2.0.2313.0.7z" I think.

Edit:

Everyting in TEMP is created, maybe just copying fails.

Edited by g-force

v.10-Bugreport:

Program stops working before finishing without notice, no installer is created.

WLMC.log.txt

Last line of logfile a slash is missing:

2009-04-05 21:53:10 : Cmd Line: 7za.exe a "G:\!!! PROGS\Messenger\createdMessenger_Addon_v2.0.2313.0.7z" "C:\TEMP\WLMCTemp\Addon\*" -mx9

Should be "created\Messenger_Addon_v2.0.2313.0.7z" I think.

Edit:

Everyting in TEMP is created, maybe just copying fails.

Yes you are correct, thanks. I had my destination as root and it already had a '\'. Fixed and updated.

Still buggy.

Destination is now set correct, but Addon-Creation fails.

entries.ini and svcpack are created, but then program stops without notice.

WLMC.log.txt

There was a problem with the program looking for 7z in the wrong place. I have it on my machine which is why it works :blushing: First post updated.

Edited by benners