[Tool] Windows Live Messenger Creator

benners

@ sugerlee - please attatch your log file for benners to look at rather than copy and paste m8 makes life much easier ;)

Looking at it though should the cache folder be over 300mb in size that doesnt sound right?

Stoner81.

Incredible tool, thankyou very much.

I removed Windows Live Sign-In Assistant, Windows Live Upload Tool, and dwshared and it seems to be working fine? (bit worried as just read the helpfile says these are needed?)

Incredible tool, thankyou very much.

I removed Windows Live Sign-In Assistant, Windows Live Upload Tool, and dwshared and it seems to be working fine? (bit worried as just read the helpfile says these are needed?)

Hi Xeijin, thanks for the feedback. I did some testing a while back and on a fresh VM image I only needed the messenger and contacts to successfully sign in. I did not use any of the other features like video call etc so I don't know if there would have been any errors or if thats what the extra files were needed for. I used the guide by elajua to ensure compatibility and it mentions those msi's as needed so I left it like that. If you have no problems using WLM that's great and maybe the program can be changed to create smaller SFX's by reducing the required msi's.

Thanks m8 for the new version awesome piece of kit this! Does this now support the new update for WLM? Will be testing shortly to find out and will report back m8y.

Stoner81.

EDIT - Back now m8 it seems to work with the latest version of WLM so here is my log file for debugging if you need it.

WLMC_Log_4__Build_6_.txt

Edited by Stoner81

Thanks m8 for the new version awesome piece of kit this! Does this now support the new update for WLM? Will be testing shortly to find out and will report back m8y.

Stoner81.

EDIT - Back now m8 it seems to work with the latest version of WLM so here is my log file for debugging if you need it.

Thanks for the feedback. As long as MS don't change the properties, the program should work for future versions of WLM.

Stoner81.

Thanks for the feedback. As long as MS don't change the properties, the program should work for future versions of WLM.

Awesome m8 there is also a new version of A Patch which is compatable with the new version of WLM but im assuming this is already included since it worked but i did it with a pre patched version.

Stoner81.

hi,

i have a little problem with tweeks, the number of passeport is different in tweaks.reg .... a little bug

the number in wlmc.ini is ok

in windows tweaks, personal, webcam large the windows text for translate (show for others users... webcam)

Thanks for this tools.

Edited by picelec

Stoner81.

Awesome m8 there is also a new version of A Patch which is compatable with the new version of WLM but im assuming this is already included since it worked but i did it with a pre patched version.

Stoner81.

The latest patch is included. To see the current patch version look on the about tab. The blue text is also a link to the A-Patch web page.

... uninstall process works with this ?

There is an option to uninstall Windows Live Messenger in the Add\Remove programs.

hi,

i have a little problem with tweeks, the number of passeport is different in tweaks.reg .... a little bug

the number in wlmc.ini is ok

in windows tweaks, personal, webcam large the windows text for translate (show for others users... webcam)

Thanks for this tools.

Hi picelec

Thanks for reporting this. I didn't think anybody was using the translation file. The label problem has been sorted, I'll add it to the next build. Are all the other labels and controls displaying the full\correct text?.

Regarding the passport, there was a small problem calculating the IS number but I thought that I had sorted it. I have tried it here with 2 different emails and both give the correct number. Are you using the latest build?.

If you would like you can PM me with the email and the ID that it should be and I will check what the problem is.

Thanks

Hi picelec

Thanks for reporting this. I didn't think anybody was using the translation file. The label problem has been sorted, I'll add it to the next build. Are all the other labels and controls displaying the full\correct text?.

Regarding the passport, there was a small problem calculating the IS number but I thought that I had sorted it. I have tried it here with 2 different emails and both give the correct number. Are you using the latest build?.

If you would like you can PM me with the email and the ID that it should be and I will check what the problem is.

Thanks

ooooops, it's me, i have entered my id (10 characters decimal) and not my email, i retest it after....

you can enlarge little the location (two location) in .cache folder

i have trad 50% in french ..... it's continued.....

QUOTE (Pgase @ Feb 24 2009, 05:45 AM) *

... uninstall process works with this ?

you can uninstall with :

msiexec /x messenger.msi

you can change messenger.msi with the code of it.

Edited by picelec

Hi picelec

Thanks

ooooops, it's me, i have entered my id (10 characters decimal) and not my email, i retest it after....

you can enlarge little the location (two location) in .cache folder

i have trad 50% in french ..... it's continued.....

No Probs. If you could post or PM your lng file after translation I can adjust any text that does not fit. I translated (Google) random strings to into the main languages French, German, Italian etc to test the layout but not all were done in each language.

Thanks