[Tool] Windows Live Messenger Creator

benners

Tested the new version and it threw up an error during creation that it didnt create the .exe file for the installer but when i goto the folder in which i saved it (My Documents) its there 21.xx MB in size? Very strange? I have not tested it yet (the installer) for the new version but hoping to do so soon. Love the new features for APatch and the various tweaks brilliant job there m8!!!

Overall amazing job here!!

Stoner81.

Tested the new version and it threw up an error during creation that it didnt create the .exe file for the installer but when i goto the folder in which i saved it (My Documents) its there 21.xx MB in size? Very strange? I have not tested it yet (the installer) for the new version but hoping to do so soon. Love the new features for APatch and the various tweaks brilliant job there m8!!!

Stoner81.

Hi Stoner

If it happens again can you post the log file. After the .exe is created a check is done to see if it exists and if not the error occurs. If it is a bug, it need fixing.

Cheers

Stoner81.

Hi Stoner

If it happens again can you post the log file. After the .exe is created a check is done to see if it exists and if not the error occurs. If it is a bug, it need fixing.

Cheers

No worries m8 i will remake it shortly and give you the log file m8 ;)

Ok m8 i made a mistake here. It does not make the .exe file at all (it was a previous one i made with the old creator) so i removed it just in case and remade the .exe which again it failed to do.

Ive included my log file for the process like you asked.

Stoner81.

WLMC_Log.txt

Ok m8 i made a mistake here. It does not make the .exe file at all (it was a previous one i made with the old creator) so i removed it just in case and remade the .exe which again it failed to do.

Stoner81.

Yep not a problem, Just missing some quotes which bolloxed 7-zip if there were spaces in the filename. I have sorted that and I'll post the build later, currently looking at adding the option of adding DPs and emoticons to SFX.

Stoner81.

Yep not a problem, Just missing some quotes which bolloxed 7-zip if there were spaces in the filename. I have sorted that and I'll post the build later, currently looking at adding the option of adding DPs and emoticons to SFX.

Ah ha! cool m8 thanks for the quick reply! will make it again with no spaces in the file name and then just rename it after making it.

Thanks a million buddy!

Stoner81.

PS - Cant wait for the next one!!!

Stoner81.

Ah ha! cool m8 thanks for the quick reply! will make it again with no spaces in the file name and then just rename it after making it.

Thanks a million buddy!

Stoner81.

PS - Cant wait for the next one!!!

I've uploaded the version with the fix for your problem. The DP stuff is still in progress.

Awesome m8 thanks!!!! I remade my installer without spaces and all worked fine no errors i have uploaded it for you just in case for debugging purposes ;)

Stoner81.

Thanks for the feed back, we've already fixed one bug :blushing:

Awesome m8 thanks!!!! I remade my installer without spaces and all worked fine no errors i have uploaded it for you just in case for debugging purposes ;)

Stoner81.

Thanks for the feed back, we've already fixed one bug :blushing:

No worries m8 i love this program its outstanding!!!! If i can help in some way then i will do :D

Stoner81.

Hey m8 ive had a thought.. this version of WLM needs Silverlight v2 installed before it will work now the current installer doesn't include this so wud it be possible to include the Silverlight v2 installer as well with this? I have the stand alone installer file for Silverlight v2 if you want it?

http://rapidshare.com/files/196416198/Silverlight_v2.exe

Edited by Stoner81

Hey m8 ive had a thought.. this version of WLM needs Silverlight v2 installed before it will work now the current installer doesn't include this so wud it be possible to include the Silverlight v2 installer as well with this? I have the stand alone installer file for Silverlight v2 if you want it?

http://rapidshare.com/files/196416198/Silverlight_v2.exe

I've installed it and used it without Silverlight and haven't had any problems. Is there some were saying it is needed. As far as I know Silverlight is MS answer to Flash and it's for programming web apps\browser plugins for animation and such. The full version download has the Silverlight exe in it, it is not added as only msi's are added to the list. If it is needed I can add exe's as well and Silverlight can use the /q switch but you would need the 134MB d/l of the WLM

Edited by benners