Addon related questions

simurqq

Hi all,

With all due respect to the author(s) of MSFN's Unattended Windows Guide (which I often use for reference), I couldn't find solutions to some of my problems listed below. Sorry if I missed something and the answers can still be found in the Guide. :) Anyway, I'll appreciate if someone can answer the following questions:

1) I want to try AutoIt 3.3 to make some addons for unattended setup of XP SP3. I was inspired by Rado's excellent video tutorial on AutoIt but, unfortunately, it's not in English and doesn't cover the switches required for particular addons. Therefore, I would like to know more about the switches and especially how one can know the switches required for silent installation of different addons.

2) How can I install my addons from XPCD to a partition different from $OEM$/$1? Should I use a batch file to copy the CABs to a different partition (e.g., D:\) and launch it from over there?

3) I want to apply some registry tweaks after the XP setup finishes. I have found an easy way which allows adding the registry tweaks directly to "AddUsrReg" section of MrNxDmX's IE7 addon's INI files but not unsure if it's the right way to chose since I read about different setup phases like T-13, etc. and am afraid to do something wrong during the critical phases of installation. Should I add the registry tweaks to HIVESYS.inf instead?

Thank you very much in advance!

A1. To know which switch to use for different application, try universal silent switch finder (USSF) or CMenu

USSF is bundled in Kels_UberPack addon

Cmenu addon

If u can't find any proper switch, use Autoit to install.

U can also ask in Application Install forum for assistance.

A2. Not sure (I'm on HFslip which don' use this term). This question is best answer by nlite user.

As far as I know, to install application other than C:\(assume this drive is the default), u need to use autoit.

There may be some advance installer that can handle custom path but I'm not sure which are the one. Maybe if u repackage it thru some kind of 3rd party installer, it is possible.

A3. I never use HIVESYS.inf to tweak, so can't say much.

As far as I know, HKLM & HKCU tweak can usually apply at T13

Rarely do you need to apply during GUIrunonce/ runonceex. Of course there are exception. But only if it failes at T13, then try at GUIRunonce

Hope this somehow answer your queries