Share your win7 Performance Score Here

medhunter

I did a little google'n of the settings in my bios and tweaked the score a bit. I had my cpu score even higher, but my wireless pci card would not connect with it oc'd, lol.

EDIT: ORIGINAL SCORE WAS 3.4

tweaked.jpg

Edited by Access Denied

I am currently over clocked to 3.45 and was able to set the pci/agp bus to 33 while doing so. Re ran the assessment and it took my ram to 4.6 (4.5 before) as the only change. System does feel a tad snappier. I'll have to use it for a bit and check the temps. anything under 60 is ok, right?

EDIT: running stable at 3.45, temps are 40-43 idle and 56-63 on a full load for 5 min, topped out after 2 min or so. I think its safe to run. :thumbup

Edited by Access Denied

• 11 months later...

I just ran my WEI and scored a 3.1. Thats pretty good considering I am using onboard video and have 2 ATA133 HDDs in this system. Oh, this is my home PC. I will have to run this at work and see what it says. Interesting that WEI on scores the primary HDD, which is probably why I got such a high score.

CPU: 4.4

RAM: 4.5

Graphics: 3.1

Gaming Graphics: 3.3

Primary Hard Disk: 5.7

Hi well I have win 7 64 bit ultimate running on a amd 3200 + socket 754 2 gig ram 6600 gt and main boot drive is a sata 1 100 gig Maxtor very old. And get a 4.1 CPU is lowest even that old hard drive gets a 5.4. Video is 4.9 4.3. The old Maxtor can’t be changed to not use write caching. It runs fine I’m going to try it on my gaming pc next it runs vista 64 bit and has 2 velociraptors in raid but I hear any mechanical drive in win 7 only will hit 5.9 or so. So how can a old 100 gig Maxtor get 5.4 running in sata 1 mode. I see sata 2 drives that get lower. I think this scoring is out of wack

It would appear that WEI only tests the HDD that Windows is on, not all drives. Windows is on an 80GB Western Digital SATA drive.

Here is my work computer's score: 5.5

CPU: 5.8

RAM: 5.8

Graphics: 5.9

Gaming Graphics: 5.5

HDD: 5.9

• 1 month later...

So, I updated my AMD drivers and checked how well it goes with the over-popular Seagate (Seabrick yes :P) 7200.11 1.5GB.

• CPU is a AMD X4 620 with L3 cache unlocked and working at 3.4GHz
  • Memory is DDR3 @ 1400MT/s 7-7-7-15-20
  • Video card is a HD4730 at stock speeds (700 GPU and 3600 RAM)
  • Motherboard with AMD SB750 southbridge

Processor: 7.4

Memory (RAM): 7.7

Graphics: 7.1

Gaming graphics: 7.1

Primary hard disk: 7.4

Doesn't look that bad ;).

@ DJB,

If you have an AMD chipset and you like to speed up your PC, install the AMD chipset drivers and set ACHI in the BIOS, could be a new install but your score will go up, say 7.1 to 7.3 for the HDD. NoteI didn't test if I could switch between SATA (IDE) and ACHI without problems without re-installing Windows...

Whole new rig. Well, the case, psu and hard drives are the same. Q9650 quad @ 3.0 ghz, 4GB ddr2 and 9800GTX+ on RAID 0 now.

That's just a small upgrade ;).

@ DJB,

If you have an AMD chipset and you like to speed up your PC, install the AMD chipset drivers and set ACHI in the BIOS, could be a new install but your score will go up, say 7.1 to 7.3 for the HDD. NoteI didn't test if I could switch between SATA (IDE) and ACHI without problems without re-installing Windows...

Whole new rig. Well, the case, psu and hard drives are the same. Q9650 quad @ 3.0 ghz, 4GB ddr2 and 9800GTX+ on RAID 0 now.

That's just a small upgrade ;).

Not from a P4 3ghz and 2gb of ddr its not. :lol:

• 1 month later...

I just ran my WEI and scored a 3.1. Thats pretty good considering I am using onboard video and have 2 ATA133 HDDs in this system. Oh, this is my home PC. I will have to run this at work and see what it says. Interesting that WEI on scores the primary HDD, which is probably why I got such a high score.

Graphics: 3.1

Gaming Graphics: 3.3

I finally got around to buying a video card! My previous score was with the onboard Intel video from the 965 chipset. My new card is an MSI nVidia N220GT 1GB PCI-E. As to be expected, it changes my WEI score. Here are the new results:

Base Score: 4.4

Graphics: 4.9

Gaming Graphics: 6.1

:thumbup