Share your win7 Performance Score Here

medhunter

Today I found my 2nd workstation to be off. Turns out the board took a dive. Built a new system and old HDD booted to Windows fine!

Old:

- CPU: 6.2

- RAM: 5.9

- Graphics: 3.4

- Gaming Graphics: 5.3

- Primary Hard Disk: 5.9

New:

- CPU: 7.1

- RAM: 7.1

- Graphics: 4.1

- Gaming Graphics: 3.5

- Primary Hard Disk: 5.9

+0.01! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Pics or it aint true...

It's really not that hard to get such a score today. Even this several years old Core 2 Duo (not OC'ed or anything) I'm typing from isn't all that far from it: 6.5 for CPU and RAM, 7.2 and 7.2 graphics (a Radeon 4850 from 2008), and 5.9 for a plain old hard drive.

I mean, if you took a PC from 2007 with a Q6600 CPU and threw a modern-ish video card in it around $100 as the sole upgrade (let's pick a Radeon 7750), you'd be pretty darn close to that score: 7.2 (CPU), 7.2 (RAM), 7.5 and 7.5 (video) and 5.9 (standard HD)

If you take any new system with a i5 or i7, a fast GPU and a SSD you're going to get a really high score obviously.

• 2 weeks later...

processor is AMD Phenom II N640 2.9ghz dual-core, GPU is ATI Radeon HD 4200 series 256mb dedicated and 1750mb shared. My computer is a laptop, Lenovo Ideapad Z565. It used to have

AMD Turion II p650 I think, 2.5ghz dual-core but Turion is old archtecture. So I upgraded the CPU myself Today. It plays most PS2 games via emulator. And can handle the Assassins Creed 1 and 2 with Directx 10. It can run many other games too like resident evil 4 and 5. Plus all the GTA series, I havent tested GTA 5 yet. But all and all its pretty sweet for gaming, at least the gaming that I do anyway.

Ok I don't know where to upload a photo of my scores so I'll just read them off.

CPU -- 6.4

RAM -- 5.9 (4GB)

Graphics --- 4.2 (Aero)

Gaming Graphics --- 5.4

Hard Disk ------ 5.8

I'll post my scores with a picture if someone helps me upload it. Peace

Edited by shaneblack

I'll post my scores with a picture if someone helps me upload it. Peace

You can use a free hosting service like Photobucket or Flickr. After you upload your picture to a site like that, they provide BBCode you can copy/paste on the forum to show the picture. :hello:

http://scr.hu/90y/834s5

That's what you get, if you have a SEVEN year old HDD! Am I crazy?

It seems all the SATA drives I have get a 5.7, but a lot of other people get 5.9 with them. Yours is kinda low (5.2) but I wonder what RPM and SATA speeds there are... I think all of mine are 5400rpm at 3Gbps, which would explain why I get 5.7 across the board.