Audigy SE + Vista x64

Orsi

Hey there, I just bought a Creative Audigy SE and everytime I tried to install it, setup says it wasnt able to find any compatible soundboard.

I downloaded the Vista drivers, reinstalled Windows, cleared CMOS and even tried another PCI slot. Nothing works :(

Help! (and tks)

That was regular Audigy SE search on that site but There were like 3 other Audigy SE options in the list to pick from. Make sure they don't have anything different. Also you could try to install it manually and point to the INF from the installer. You may have to extract the installer with Winrar or so. I've done this once in Vista 32, but my situation was different because I imagine your PC isn't in the Audit pass anymore.

I tried to install it manually point to its .inf file, but Vista said it wasnt compatible, so I downloaded drivers for all kind of Audigy... none of them worked :(

The worst thing it to notice Im not the only one with this problem

I tried to install it manually point to its .inf file, but Vista said it wasnt compatible, so I downloaded drivers for all kind of Audigy... none of them worked :(

The worst thing it to notice Im not the only one with this problem

I've had problems getting multiple Sound Blasters to work in Vista 32bit. Never tried 64. I had to contact Creative Support but I was doing something that wasn't supported. Make sure you do not have any other Creative Software installed, and also say your motherboard doesn't have a Creative audio chip on it. I'll take a look at the drivers to see if I can see anything. I don't have a system to test this out in so that'll have to do.

hm... it has the following hardware ID

PCI\VEN_1274&DEV_1371&SUBSYS_13711274&REV_07

PCI\VEN_1274&DEV_1371&SUBSYS_13711274

PCI\VEN_1274&DEV_1371&CC_040100

PCI\VEN_1274&DEV_1371&CC_0401

• 2 weeks later...

Creative hasn't created drivers for the 64-bit edition. i ran into the same problem when I upgraded my 32-bit ultimate to 64-bit. Although on the website it says the drivers are for 64-bit they won't work. I have Audigy Soundblaster Advanced MB and it won't work you have to buy the soundblaster X-fi or something like that to get drivers for vista 64.

Hope this helped,

Marcos

Also, I want to point out that your VEN_1274 = NOT CREATIVE. Creative is 1102.

In DrivePacks DP_Sound_B_wnt5_x86-32_805\D\S\CR7\oem14.inf it has this device ID:

%ES1371.DeviceDesc%=ES1371,PCI\VEN_1274&DEV_1371&SUBSYS_13711274 ; Concert AC97 PCI board

So its actually Ensoniq. I imagine you bought this as an "OEM" product huh? I always buy retail for things like sound cards and video cards. But as you can see here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ensoniq_AudioPCI

Creative bought Ensoniq and still used some of their cards as budget or OEM items. OK so this explains the different vendor ID.

That INF MIGHT install but It isn't designed for x64.

Here are some other leads but these are just things I found while searching, no garauntee about them:

http://www.download.com/Creative-Sound-Bla...0_4-107830.html

You can keep going where I left off if you want. Not looking very promising.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=E...art=20&sa=N

Edited by Tripredacus