Dell Perc 6i / Windows 2003 x64

sysadhater

Hi there,

for some reason no matter what I do I cannot get this driver to slipstream, it works fine under x86, it also works okay if i hit f6 and load the driver from a floppy but it simply will not slipstream.

Has anyone had this issue before?

SYSAD

sysadhater, how about attaching the driver, so we can take a look. What error do you get? Please make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: sysadhater, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Thanks, John.

Edited by johnhc

sysadhater, how about attaching the driver, so we can take a look. What error do you get? Please make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: sysadhater, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Thanks, John.

Hi,

The Dell executable is http://support.dell.com/support/topics/glo...amp;file=268016

i installed nlite on a new server, put my Windows 2003 x64 Enterprise R2 disc in the drive, told nLite to use that disk, and to integrate the driver folder and then burnt the cd.

I didn't integrate any SP or anything.

SYSAD

sysadhater, we need to see your Last Session.ini. Without it, we may not be able to help you. Did you extract the driver file DLed? John.

Well, I noticed that there are two INF files in the driver directory and that before it was using nodev.inf so i switched it to oemsetup.inf and it still didn't work, now i'm going to try and include both.

[Main]

Env = 1.4.9.1 - 2.0.50727.3053.Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6000.0

Target = Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition SP1 - 5.2.3790.1830 - English (United States)

[Tasks]

Integrate Drivers

Create a Bootable ISO

[Components]

;# Compatibility #

[KeepFiles]

msconfig.exe

[RemoveFiles]

clock.avi

yahoo.bmp

swtchbrd.bmp

[Options]

ProfilesDir = "%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings"

TargetPath = "WINDOWS"

temp_dir = %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp

[Patches]

[services2]

[Tweaks]

[unattended]

ComputerType = Automatic

MaximumDataStorePercentOfDisk = 12

RestorePointLife = 30

DesktopTheme = Default||

PerSeat

AutoUDay = 5

AutoUHour = 15

ProgFilesPath = "\Program Files"

[NetAdapter1]

connname = ""

macaddress = ""

ipaddress = "192.168.0.1"

subnetmask = "255.255.255.0"

defaultgateway = ""

dnsserver1 = ""

dnsserver2 = ""

winsserver = ""

netbiossetting = "0"

ipxnetworknumber = "00000000"

ipxnetworkframetype = "0xFF"

[GuiRunOnce]

[Drivers]

C:\Dell\Drivers\R194162\oemsetup.inf,PERC_64

[Hotfixes]

SYSAD

sysadhater, we need to see your Last Session.ini. Without it, we may not be able to help you. Did you extract the driver file DLed? John.

Well, I noticed that there are two INF files in the driver directory and that before it was using nodev.inf so i switched it to oemsetup.inf and it still didn't work, now i'm going to try and include both.

[Main]

Env = 1.4.9.1 - 2.0.50727.3053.Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6000.0

Target = Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition SP1 - 5.2.3790.1830 - English (United States)

[Tasks]

Integrate Drivers

Create a Bootable ISO

[Components]

;# Compatibility #

[KeepFiles]

msconfig.exe

[RemoveFiles]

clock.avi

yahoo.bmp

swtchbrd.bmp

[Options]

ProfilesDir = "%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings"

TargetPath = "WINDOWS"

temp_dir = %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp

[Patches]

[services2]

[Tweaks]

[unattended]

ComputerType = Automatic

MaximumDataStorePercentOfDisk = 12

RestorePointLife = 30

DesktopTheme = Default||

PerSeat

AutoUDay = 5

AutoUHour = 15

ProgFilesPath = "\Program Files"

[NetAdapter1]

connname = ""

macaddress = ""

ipaddress = "192.168.0.1"

subnetmask = "255.255.255.0"

defaultgateway = ""

dnsserver1 = ""

dnsserver2 = ""

winsserver = ""

netbiossetting = "0"

ipxnetworknumber = "00000000"

ipxnetworkframetype = "0xFF"

[GuiRunOnce]

[Drivers]

C:\Dell\Drivers\R194162\oemsetup.inf,PERC_64

[Hotfixes]

SYSAD

Yeah. doesn't seem to matter what I do it will not integrate this driver properly, it is kind of funny that if i simply copy the files from the driver folder to a floppy disk and hit f6 while its booting it works fine, but the integration doesnt seem to work, while the windows setup text mode is running i even see it say PERC 5 PERC 6 etc but after windows starts it says no disk drives were found, etc.

ugh, this is so wierd as the x86 one works fine and even the one for the SAS 6 works fine, its just this one driver.

SYSAD

sysadhater, I see that you are running nLite under Vista. This may be your problem. You can try XP compatibility mode for nLite.exe. Go to the nLite.exe in the C:\Program Files (x86)\nLite folder (or your equivalent) and set it to XP SP2 Compatibility Mode under the Compatibility tab. What error are you getting and when? Please post a screen shot if you can. I would select Multiple Driver folder and let nLite sort it out. It may ask you to select. Does nLite show it as a Text Mode Driver? I have a SATA RAID and need two drivers, one for the SATA and one for the RAID. They are in the same folder and I let nLite do its thing and it ask me to select between 32 and 64 bit. In the future, please attach (Browse and UPLOAD button in lower right) not paste your Last Session files.Good luck, John.

sysadhater, there certainly is in the .exe you pointed to with your link. I have attached it (had to change the name to .txt due to forum). If you don't have this in your extracted folder, then DL another copy and make the changes BikinDutchman suggested. Enjoy, John.

sysadhater, there certainly is in the .exe you pointed to with your link. I have attached it (had to change the name to .txt due to forum). If you don't have this in your extracted folder, then DL another copy and make the changes BikinDutchman suggested. Enjoy, John.

You are of course correct, I was looking in the NLDRV\015 folder and obviously it wasnt there.

I found out that if you just use the default "integration" that NLite does with this particular driver and then just copy/paste:

PCI\VEN_1028&DEV_0015&SUBSYS_1F011028="percsas"

PCI\VEN_1028&DEV_0015&SUBSYS_1F021028="percsas"

PCI\VEN_1028&DEV_0015&SUBSYS_1F031028="percsas"

PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_0060&SUBSYS_1F0A1028="percsas"

PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_0060&SUBSYS_1F0B1028="percsas"

PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_0060&SUBSYS_1F0C1028="percsas"

PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_0060&SUBSYS_1F0D1028="percsas"

PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_0060&SUBSYS_1F111028="percsas"

into the txtsetup.sif it works fine.

I'm going to hit up my guy at dell to see if they can figure out why this particular driver won't nLITE properly now that I have evidence that it is a problem with the driver.

SYSAD