recovery partition cant boot

balol

hello

when i press f10 to boot from the recovery partition i get this message

windows/systems32/winload.exe

guys is there any thing to fix recovery partition

all this happened i think cause i use mod2wim so i get the image of this partition

hello

when i press f10 to boot from the recovery partition i get this message

windows/systems32/winload.exe

guys is there any thing to fix recovery partition

all this happened i think cause i use mod2wim so i get the image of this partition

On my Vaio I get that before booting from the recovery partition, but it only lasts a few seconds and then gives me boot options. Has mod2wim altered your winload.exe? I took ownership and modified mine recently and ended up having to...boot from my recovery partition...lol.

What does mod2wim do? Are you saying you copied the recovery partition as an image and it somehow modified your winload.exe?

I'm really not a tech expert on this issue, but I just went through something similar.

Does your PC manufacturer supply recovery disks? That's obviously a last resort because you'll probably have to pay for them if you can't use the integrated partition. Personally I hate the recovery partition idea.

the problem is when i used mod2wim to unhide the recovery partition and get windows vista from it so i can use vlite on it but i got at the end just a file sony.wim thats as just like the windows vista installed i mean no setup like the dvd so i can modifie it, now when i i try to boot from the recovery partiton i cant i get this message

modifier les option de demarage

modifiez les option de demarage windows pour windows vista

chemaim dacces windows /sytem32?winload.exe

partition2

disque dur A1b48813

i dont have no recovery disk

Edited by balol

the problem is when i used mod2wim to unhide the recovery partition and get windows vista from it so i can use vlite on it but i got at the end just a file sony.wim thats as just like the windows vista installed i mean no setup like the dvd so i can modifie it, now when i i try to boot from the recovery partiton i cant i get this message

modifier les option de demarage

modifiez les option de demarage windows pour windows vista

chemaim dacces windows /sytem32?winload.exe

partition2

disque dur A1b48813

i dont have no recovery disk

I know that I'm not addressing your problem head-on, but have you tried just a strait install of a vanilla OS? vLite works on installation disks that come from PC manufacturers along with you computer, but it won't work on recovery disks or partitions. But like I say this knowledge probably doesn't help you much at this point.

I don't know my way around DOS but if you could access your system files from the prompt and switch out winload.exe for an original you'd be much better off. I don't know any other way to get to those files given you can't boot to a GUI. The only other thing I can think of would be either obtaining a recovery disk from your manufacturer or a vanilla Windows Vista and throwing it on there.

You want to keep the license agreement you've made with MS and your vendor, but if it's legal to just obtain an image of the OS that came bundled with your machine, you could then boot from it and install windows with your own product key. Then vLite the existing disk image, and reinstall. But don't ask me where you'd find a Vista image. I'm sure they are out there, somewhere.

I'd also recommend deleting/merging the recovery partition now that it's pooched.

Edited by MPalmz

i have a vista dvd i bought it .thats how i got the windows that im using on the laptop after doing vlite but i wanna do it with the reovery parition and get all drivers and stuff

i really dont know what to do i have this sony.wim but i cant acces to it with vlite and i cant even install vista from the recovery partition cause i think when i installed vista from the dvd i made thought all drivers are ok but i think sth is messin its the graphic. in the preshippe windows that was installed ther was 2 kind of mobile intel now i have just one and the second one i cant see it