Is it possible to Slipsteam SP2 into Vista RTM ?

benifin

Hi all

I know Vlite 1.2 will not let you slipstream SP2 if SP1 is already installed.

So, will Vlite allow me to slipstream SP2 into Vista RTM [sP0] ?

Assuming its still a no - is there anyway known to slipstream SP2 into Vista RTM or Vista SP1 ?

Thanks,

Ben

Tools like vLite may be able to at some point, but otherwise no, SP2 will be just like SP1 was with regards to RTM Vista. You should be able to slipstream it using MS tools on an SP1 install (straight SP1, not slipstreamed SP1 over RTM) by SP2's release.

Vista sp2 integration works fine even on Vista RTM with sp1 integrated through vlite. Only thing is that First you have to slipstream sp1 through vlite & then you can integrate SP2 through reverse integration. It worked for me & must be work for you also.

My sincere thanks to all of you.

I have done and can do the reverse integration - did it before VLite allowed for Vista SP s/streaming but I find it a real drag - especially for a BETA.

I'll wait until SP2 is final / gold and if nuhi hasnt updated Vlite for SP2 slipsteaming** I'll reverse integrate then.

All the best again.

Ben

** - who knows, maybe SP2 gold / final will be coded / built in such a way that Vlite 1.2 will s/stream it anyway without further updating from nuhi.

Edited by benifin