An Official Thank You to MSFN board and Mods/Admins!

I just want to thank MSFN for allowing all of us disgruntled Seagate users to move our discussion from the Gestapo run Seagate forum to here. We have finally reached our goal, with the help of a lot of people, and a lot of hours, to find an at home solution to un-brick these drives without paying $1000's of dollars to DR companies, or RMA'ing our drives and losing all of our data.

I am positive that the size of the threads, and the number of views/and active users looking at the threads at one time, not only brought major attention to Seagate, but also put the pressure on them to come up with a reasonable remedy. They finally did, and ironically one of our members found the complete fix the same day.

Thanks Again!

Fatlip

:thumbup

You are welcome. Also, a public "thank-you" to DerSnoezie for keeping the heat on Seagate for our users (and others, of course). Very good work indeed. I have pinned all Seagate discussions, for others to find.

Not that I want to toot my own horn, but I spent many many many hours researching and spreading the word, especially in the original Seagate forum, spreading the news of this bug to PC review companies and review forums etc.

I am just glad we found the answer!!!!!!

BTW: PICHI messaged me, and the fix of the LBA=0 worked for him. We both put in a lot of collaborative time together and I am glad he was able to recover his data.

Thanks all!

G

You are welcome. Also, a public "thank-you" to DerSnoezie for keeping the heat on Seagate for our users (and others, of course). Very good work indeed. I have pinned all Seagate discussions, for others to find.

Not that I want to toot my own horn, but I spent many many many hours researching and spreading the word, especially in the original Seagate forum, spreading the news of this bug to PC review companies and review forums etc.

I am just glad we found the answer!!!!!!

BTW: PICHI messaged me, and the fix of the LBA=0 worked for him. We both put in a lot of collaborative time together and I am glad he was able to recover his data.

Thanks all!

G

Yes, credit where credit is due. Especially considering the tech stuff :thumbup

Edited by DerSnoezie