The Solution for Seagate 7200.11 HDDs

I need help!

I've used the DKU.

I get the following error when working :

F3 T> / 2

F3 2> Z

LED: 000000CE FAddr: 00259C49

Rst 0x20M

FORU is very long and complicated! Please tell me how to do simple?

My friends I need your help! Result of my efforts within the H.D.D

I am waiting for your help ......... :blushing:

Hello dear.

wait some seconds before giving the Z command

I think i tried all the case!

but do this again !!!

Rst 0x20M

is it a 7200.12 ?

My friend! My hard drive is maxtor 500 GB DIAMONDmAX22 STM3500320AS .

PLZ WHAT I DO !

I CHECK FORUM [ EVERY 5 MINT'S !!!!!] :wacko: ......

in this world No one help us?

Why should anyone help someone that SHOUTS at us, not-so-hiddenly hinting that we are a bunch of heartless bastards that are not willing to help?

Personally I am a grumpy heartless bastard, so that's allright :), but I usually try to help people that don't shout and have the patience to wait.

As you might know, there is something that is called "professional help", given in exchange of a commodity called "money", which is an alternative to "free help" given by people for no money that do so in their free time at at their own pace.

If the amount of money is big enough, then - and still within limits - with "professional help" you may be allowed to be impatient and also to shout.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Hi HD Gurus,

Hope that someone can shed some light on my situation with my feeble attempts at restoring my 750GB Seagate 7200.11 HD.

I go through all of the fix, but NEVER get this line or anything else...

User Partition Format 10% complete, Zone 00, Pass 00, LBA 00004339, ErrCode 00000080, Elapsed Time 0 mins 05 secs

after inputting either F3 T>m0,2,2,,,,,22 (enter) or F3 T>m0,2,2,0,0,0,0,22 (enter)

but do get these two lines...

Max Wr Retries = 00, Max Rd Retries = 00, Max ECC T-Level = 14, Max Certify Rewrite Retries = 00C8

User Partition Format Successful - Elapsed Time 0 mins 05 secs

So the first time I thought it was okay - shutdown and hooked up the drive using a USB/ATA w/ power gizmo...Windows did see it as a dynamic "foreign" drive, but I'm pretty sure the drive should have been seen by Windows as a regular data drive...so I retried the BSY fix and still no middle line, indicating "User partition format..."

Is there a way to recover from where this drive and I am at?

Mahalo! (Thanks in Hawaiian)

Singood

Hi,

After doing a bit more research, it seems that the hard drive was living in a Windows 7 computer, but I tried to see it using the USB/SATA gizmo....

So I'll connect it back to the Windows 7 computer to see if the hard drive's BSY issue has been fixed - I would guess so since it was recognized by the Windows XP disk management utility.

Anyway, also wanted to convey much appreciation for all those that toiled and contributed their knowledge and talents to providing a viable fix for the Seagate "bricking" BSY hard drive issue.

I'm hoping when I get home that after connecting the drive to my Windows 7 box, it will show up with all it's data :thumbup

v/r

Singood

I'm hoping when I get home that after connecting the drive to my Windows 7 box, it will show up with all it's data :thumbup

In some cases we have seen issues with the partitioning or filesystem.

There are two "levels" of recovery needed sometimes:

1. the disk is accessible (hardware)
  2. the disk contents are readable (software)

the hardware procedure only fulfills (hopefully) "level 1", you will need a partition recovery (or file recovery) approach to get your data back if something in the procedure made one or more "key" sectors unreadable or modified it's contents.

Here is an example of such a recovery:

jaclaz

I was smart stupid enough to get one of those MAX232EPE-based converters before reading up on it on this resource. Thankfully, the IC chip is socket-mounted and is easily removed. Could I just get a MAX3232 chip (which I understand operates at 3.3V TTL level) to replace the original 5V one? Or will it not work with the rest of the circuitry? I am still planning to supply 5V from USB.

Thanks for being gentle in your replies. :lol:

post-354091-0-18505500-1335746015_thumb.

post-354091-0-98257000-1335746053_thumb.

Edited by SeagateGate

Hi everyone,

So my Seagate 7200.11 500 GB HDD (620AS) died on me, and I've ended up on this thread. I'm a little excited about working with circuits after almost 2 years (I'm an engineer, working in IT now). I have a Nokia CA-101 cable with me. Will it work, instead of the CA-42?

Also, in theory, shouldn't any phone USB cable work? After all, all we need is RX, TX and 5V, right?