The Solution for Seagate 7200.11 HDDs

Guys help me out.. I'm stuck at the last command for the past 10 mins..

Did this command, F3 T>m0,2,2,0,0,0,0,22 (enter) and been waiting for the response.. what do I do now?

Thanks!

EDIT : I just realized I did not power off the drive by removing the sata cable.. I simply changed to the test level prompt by typing F3 1>/T (enter) and then the above command..

Is it all over now? :(post-310776-0-56353700-1307257517_thumb.

Edited by 104

EDIT : I just realized I did not power off the drive by removing the sata cable.. I simply changed to the test level prompt by typing F3 1>/T (enter) and then the above command..

What do you mean it's all over? :unsure:

Start again from the beginning.

READ a few posts starting from here:

d4m1 made that SAME mistake, re-did from scratch (he needed to cover the "other" set of contacts) and finally succeeded.

jaclaz

What do you mean it's all over? :unsure:

Start again from the beginning.

READ a few posts starting from here:

d4m1 made that SAME mistake, re-did from scratch (he needed to cover the "other" set of contacts) and finally succeeded.

jaclaz

Ok I removed the sata cable and plugged it back again after 2 mins.. pressed Ctrl Z but nothing happened on hyperterminal.. What do I do now?

You READ the few posts before I pointed you to? :realmad:

and redo EVERYTHING from the beginning, this time actually READing and doing EXACTLY what the guide:

http://www.mapleleafmountain.com/seagatebrick.html

says.

(and re-checking EVERYTHING)

jaclaz

Sorry for asking the same questions over and over again.. Just wanted to confirm before doing anything..

P.S. I really appreciate the time and effort you put in explaining things to people like me.

EDIT : I did the whole thing again from scratch.. it when smoothly till the point where the guide said to remove the sata cable from HDD.. I removed the cable and plugged it back and now when i pressed Ctrl Z, nothin happened.. Here's the screenshot..

post-310776-0-62747400-1307267801_thumb.

Thanks a ton again.

Edited by 104

Does fixing BSY error involve formatting the hard drive? I'm wondering if I will be able to recover any data when the drive is fixed.

Cheers!

Hi, I have fixed several 7200.11 ST3500320AS SD15 500GB drives since the busy problem happeded and the solution was posted in this forum.

All drives worked fine after fixing and I recovered all data correctly (I'm talking about 6-8 drives I'm not sure). But recently I have experienced a strange behaviour with two drives:

I follow EXACTLY the same steps as usual and apparently the problem is solved but when I connect the drive to the computer the drive isn't still recognized.

During fixing steps I got correct feedback from drive on hyperterminal according to the tutorials, (I got no errors or strange messages), but no matter how many times I repeat the process the drive remains busy. Or at least not recognized in BIOS.

I assume that serial adapter is working fine because I got response from drive on hyperterminal, in fact I recovered one drive after the first one that failed in fixing it.

Does anyone have the same problem?

Thank you all and excuse my spelling mistakes so I'm not english-speaking.

But recently I have experienced a strange behaviour with two drives:

I follow EXACTLY the same steps as usual and apparently the problem is solved but when I connect the drive to the computer the drive isn't still recognized.

During fixing steps I got correct feedback from drive on hyperterminal according to the tutorials, (I got no errors or strange messages), but no matter how many times I repeat the process the drive remains busy. Or at least not recognized in BIOS.

Are you sure your SATA cable / port is working? Did you try it on a different PC?

But recently I have experienced a strange behaviour with two drives:

Are you sure your SATA cable / port is working? Did you try it on a different PC?

Yes, they work. I have other SATA disks and if I attach some of them to the Sata port they run without any problem.

I've been reading about Victoria for Windows. I will try this program in the affected disk to see if it is really in busy state or it has any other problem. (I'm not familiar with the use of Victoria but I hope it can give me some clue).

Hi to all. I have a Seagate Barracuda ST3500320AS.

Before doing a command "m0,2,2,0,0,0,0,22" i did not disconnect power from the drive.

And now this command running 50 minutes without any answer.

Is this normal? If i shutdown the PC, may i lost a data on the drive or lost access to the drive?

I want to retry the commands from begin.

Hi parallap,

Don't know if you are till waiting for an answer.., but don't worry, just power down and redo the procedure. See here http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=128807&view=findpost&p=946795

Thank you for instruction! I recovered data from this drive! Im so happy! :thumbup

Edited by parallap

Hi all...

I own a Maxtor Diamondmax 22 500gb SATA hd... it seems to have the BUSY problem.

I followed with care the guide on the first post but when I type on Hyperterminal CTRL+Z to open the prompt, something STRANGE happens... random simbles appear, like exclamation marks, smiles (wtf?) and hearts...

The HD is connected to this. The adapter is supplied by 2 AA batteries and the hard disk is feed by a sata cable... what do i wrong? Obviously the PCB of the hd is separated from the contacts... Rx and Tx cables are ok... can anyone help me? :( [this is an example of wtf happens when I press CTRL Z http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3487/asdys.jpg]

PS: sorry for my poor english, I'm from Italy and schools pretty sucks there.