The Solution for Seagate 7200.11 HDDs

hi bloubul, sorry to bother you yet again, heres my new problem ;) the last cable i had was a duff cable so iam now using a dku5, its working, i get a loopback test, but when i ctrl z i get F3 T> but then it freezes and i cant type anything, i have tried several times, once i managed to type /2 then it froze again, tried loads of times, freezes, any suggestions please, thanks

Hi r3nni32000,

Not sure what is wrong.confused.gif Do you have right driver/settings in Hyperterminal? ALL GNDs connected? Powered @3.3V? All connections secure & not shorting?

hi bloubul, sorry to bother you yet again, heres my new problem ;) the last cable i had was a duff cable so iam now using a dku5, its working, i get a loopback test, but when i ctrl z i get F3 T> but then it freezes and i cant type anything, i have tried several times, once i managed to type /2 then it froze again, tried loads of times, freezes, any suggestions please, thanks

Hi r3nni32000,

Not sure what is wrong.confused.gif Do you have right driver/settings in Hyperterminal? ALL GNDs connected? Powered @3.3V? All connections secure & not shorting?

i think so, all seems okay, maybe a driver problem, when i insert the dku5 cable it shows up as a ca-42(in device manager), should that happen? can you point me in a dirrection for the correct drivers for the dku5 cable plaese, cheers

edit: i also get this message in my event viewer "The Windows Security Center Service was unable to establish event queries with WMI to monitor third party AntiVirus and Firewall. " could this be anything

Edited by r3nni32000

i think so, all seems okay, maybe a driver problem, when i insert the dku5 cable it shows up as a ca-42(in device manager), should that happen? can you point me in a dirrection for the correct drivers for the dku5 cable plaese, cheers

edit: i also get this message in my event viewer "The Windows Security Center Service was unable to establish event queries with WMI to monitor third party AntiVirus and Firewall. " could this be anything

Didn't you get a driver cd with the cable? That is normally the best place.

Just disable your antivirus and firewall to stop that message. If you are worried, just disconnect from internet as well, then there should be zero risk.

Didn't you get a driver cd with the cable? That is normally the best place.

Just disable your antivirus and firewall to stop that message. If you are worried, just disconnect from internet as well, then there should be zero risk.

done all that to no joy, i have noticed that the hyperterminal freezes even when doing loop back test, i get a bout 2 seconds then it freezes, in both windows and putty :(

edit: i have tried it on another computer, its working okay in hyperterminal now BUT i remove the card and screw it back i type in U but it doesnt spin back up,

i get

Error 1009 DETSEC 00006008

spin error

elapsed time 7mins 38 secs

r/w status 2 r/w error 84150180

Edited by r3nni32000

edit: i have tried it on another computer, its working okay in hyperterminal now BUT i remove the card and screw it back i type in U but it doesnt spin back up,

i get

spin error

See if anything here helps

or here (but DON'T use Nail polish remover, rather ethyl/isopropyl alcohol http://www.msfn.org/...ndpost&p=916757).

http://www.msfn.org/...ndpost&p=957157

Edited by BlouBul

i get

spin error

See if anything here helps

or here (but DON'T use Nail polish remover, rather ethyl/isopropyl alcohol http://www.msfn.org/...ndpost&p=916757).

http://www.msfn.org/...ndpost&p=957157

oh ere ! after doing all the suggestions still nothing only Error 1009 DETSEC 00006008, come on DOC dont spare me, its not looking good is it?

oh ere ! after doing all the suggestions still nothing only Error 1009 DETSEC 00006008, come on DOC dont spare me, its not looking good is it?

Does it attempt to spin up when powered on (or DID it BEFORE you detached/insulated the PCB contacts)?

If Yes, somehow you have a bad contact (or somehow managed to fry something, which IS a problem :unsure:).

If No, your disk may suffer from a sticky bearing, which may be a far worse problem :ph34r:):

jaclaz

Does it attempt to spin up when powered on (or DID it BEFORE you detached/insulated the PCB contacts)?

If Yes, somehow you have a bad contact (or somehow managed to fry something, which IS a problem :unsure:).

If No, your disk may suffer from a sticky bearing, which may be a far worse problem :ph34r:):

jaclaz

Hi again,

the drive has always made this sound from when it was inside casing to when i have detached the PCB, it does it for aroung 10 mins then goes silent. here is a link to the sound may need to turn your volume up a bit. cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scimy1bktzM

Hi guys, congrats on the great tutorial.

I have 2 Maxtor Hd's affected by the firmware bug, both of them were not detected anymore by the bios, but since im busy I bought a "fix kit" for them at ebay of my country, with cables, cds, tutorials and everything.

The thing is that on the last command the guy who sold me the tutorial messed up, he wrote that I should type:

"m0,1,1,0,0,0,0,22"

it kept going with messages of User partition Format 0% complete, Zone 00, pass 00 LBA xxxxxxxx ErrCode xxxxxx"

tons of it, then the format change to 1%,2%,3%,4%,%5 and after 40 minutes I called him and he told me to try again from step 0, I did, same thing happen,

after I did some research and found this topic, where i saw the

"m0,2,2,,,,22" command, which I tried, now the Disc is acessible on the windows , but it shows like a disk without any partition

I also tried this command with the other HD and worked like a charm, the HD is perfect.

About the first HD, do you guys have any clue about what the "m0,1,1,0,0,0,0,22" command does? and how to recovery the data ? It's kind of really important for me.

Thanks!

About the first HD, do you guys have any clue about what the "m0,1,1,0,0,0,0,22" command does? and how to recovery the data ? It's kind of really important for me.

I'm afraid I am not the bearer of good news...ph34r.gif

FormatPartition Level: T The FormatPartition function recalculates the translator using information in existing defect lists. It also clears specified defect lists (optinal). void

m[Partition],[FormatOpts], [DefectListOpts], [MaxWrRetryCnt], [MaxRdRetryCnt], [MaxEccTLevel], [MaxCertifyTrkRewrites],[ValidKey],[DataPattern]

Parameters

[Partition] Index of partition wich translator needs to be recalculated. For the system partition index is 1, for the user partition index is 0.

[FormatOpts] Defines the format process options. If this parameter is 2, no modification is made to partition contents. If this parameter is 1, the partition is filled with pattern 77 77 77 77... Value 6 is the same that 2 except no detailed information about format process is written to the log (less write operations in system partition).

[DefectListOpts] Defines operations performed with defect lists. If this parameter is 2, defect lists are not changed. If this parameter is 1, P-List for specified partition is cleared. Warning. The FormatPartition function may fail if P-List is cleared becuse the function is not able to handle all possible types of defects.

[ValidKey]

Ensures that the command is not accidental, must be 22.

http://forum.ixbt.co...?id=11:39316-59

The second part of the 4th post is a bit more understandable & quoted aboveblink.gif (or use Google Translate newwink.gif )

Confirmed here http://forum.hddguru...0mb-t13256.html

Edited by BlouBul

I'm afraid I am not the bearer of good news...ph34r.gif

FormatPartition Level: T The FormatPartition function recalculates the translator using information in existing defect lists. It also clears specified defect lists (optinal). void m[Partition],

[FormatOpts],

[DefectListOpts],

[MaxWrRetryCnt],

[MaxRdRetryCnt],

[MaxEccTLevel],

[MaxCertifyTrkRewrites],

[ValidKey],

[DataPattern]

Parameters

[Partition] Index of partition wich translator needs to be recalculated. For the system partition index is 1, for the user partition index is 0.

[FormatOpts] Defines the format process options. If this parameter is 2, no modification is made to partition contents. If this parameter is 1, the partition is filled with pattern 77 77 77 77... Value 6 is the same that 2 except no detailed information about format process is written to the log (less write operations in system partition).

[DefectListOpts] Defines operations performed with defect lists. If this parameter is 2, defect lists are not changed. If this parameter is 1, P-List for specified partition is cleared. Warning. The FormatPartition function may fail if P-List is cleared becuse the function is not able to handle all possible types of defects.

[ValidKey]

Ensures that the command is not accidental, must be 22.

http://forum.ixbt.co...?id=11:39316-59

The second part of the 4th post is a bit more understandable & quoted aboveblink.gif (or use Google Translate newwink.gif )

Confirmed here http://forum.hddguru...0mb-t13256.html

That's no good, I had a lot of data in that HD, I interrupted the process after like 40 minutes, it was still in 5%, is there a chance to recover the other 95% that was not refilled with 77?

That's no good, I had a lot of data in that HD, I interrupted the process after like 40 minutes, it was still in 5%, is there a chance to recover the other 95% that was not refilled with 77?

Maybe (if you are VERY lucky).confused.gif (and I think they probably meant it was filled with 1's, not 7's)

Start a new thread and we will see if someone can help.

Edited by BlouBul

Maybe (if you are VERY lucky).confused.gif (and I think they probably meant it was filled with 1's, not 7's)

Start a new thread and we will see if someone can help.

Really sad news, thanks for the help.

Really sad news, thanks for the help.

If really only 5% was wiped it means roughly 5% of 500 Gb = 25 Gb

This (if the drive was a "single BIG partition) means that no useful filesystem data can be retrieved.

BUT of course file based recovery would work allright.

If the drive had been recently and thoroughfully defragged, the probabilities of recovering a high percentage of the remaining 95% are pretty high.

If the drive was heavily fragmented probabilities decrease dramatically (expecially if files were biggich, like .iso's or movies or large databases or large compressed archives)

If the drive was multipartitioned, ANY partition starting after the 5% should be FULLY recoverable.

Start a new thread, and we'll see what can be done.

jaclaz