The Solution for Seagate 7200.11 HDDs

Thanks afrin, i'll check the cables,the HD runs but no answer at all with hyper terminal

The way he crashed is the same as the BSY problemes described over the internet, Oh my god 500 Go of data (films, music, softwares ...) lost, and another HD of 500 Go too died by my hand when i made a mistake when plugin the power, I'm feel back to Neolithics, I have nothing, i lost at all 1 To, regain it will cost me years

Keep trying, worst case you will fry the PCB :) I use a China clone CA-42 ( Prolific ) and i guess the length and the "design" of the connectors are giving problems, i made the cable shorter and now i can pass the spin down, so try that as well. But mine is looking like bad heads / weak motor or something like that... It won't spin-up ( have not tried on XP yet ).

Question : Could it be that the motor connector is not making a good enough contact after removing the paper ?

Can someone that had similar problem / experience be of some assistance ?

In the clone CA-42 ( GT50727 ) there are 5 wires but only 3 are attached to the PCB, does anyone has a schematic where the other two must be soldered or some detailed schem. of the PCB.

Question : Could it be that the motor connector is not making a good enough contact after removing the paper ?

Can someone that had similar problem / experience be of some assistance ?

Yes, it happened before, expecially if the paper slip is thick and or screws were tightened too much, see here:

In the clone CA-42 ( GT50727 ) there are 5 wires but only 3 are attached to the PCB, does anyone has a schematic where the other two must be soldered or some detailed schem. of the PCB.

Read ATTENTIVELY point #10 of the read--me-first:

Guess WHY it was written that way? :unsure:

In a nutshell it says:

You'd better NOT use a Nokia cable (unless you know where your towel is ;)) as it is likely you will have problems in finding a working adapter AND/OR the right connections for it

See if anything here helps:

http://buffalo.nas-central.org/wiki/Use_a_Nokia_Serial_Cable_on_an_ARM9_Linkstation

@rmg

See this report:

jaclaz

What converter, and why a problem? So far two converters, zero talking to the PCB. :o(

Finally i found the problem, a resistor in Tx of my converter, i remove it and the PCB finally answer my commands,But i have This:

What converter, and why a problem? So far two converters, zero talking to the PCB. :o(

@h2ofun

Please READ before posting.

momo2011 posted in this same page he self-built his converter.

@momo2011

You got WHAT? :w00t:

jaclaz

Sorry, i was trying to upload the images but its not authorized:

I got this:

F3 T>m0,2,2,,,,,22

Max Wr Retries = 00, Max Rd Retries = 00, Max ECC T-Level = 16, Max Certify Rewrite Retries = not supported

DiagError 0000500D

User Partition Format Failed - Elapsed Time 0 mins 00 secs

R/W Sense 00000002, R/W Error 843200A6, File Error 00000000

Blk Addr 000000130001, Blk Addr Type D0, Cyl 00000000, Hd 01

With the F712 command i get:

F3 T>F712

Byte:05C1: Expansions =

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

00 00 00 00 00 00 00

''

Please can someone resole this mistery

Edited by momo2011

Can i put the PCB on my other HD, its the same model but he was victms of poweroverload, the pcb is out of service but the motor and the head seems to be Ok.

I've try it before, the motor start, the head sound goog but nothing in the bios, seven seems recognise something but cannot acces it, some softwares too cannot do anything,

Edited by momo2011

Sorry another question

Can i fix the pcb 2, i mean which part are probably burned and how to rocognise them (in my PCB there is no visible failure), can i use a common Electronic checker to test the parts?

Is there other commands not listed in the tutorial?

Edited by momo2011

Please can someone resole this mistery

It must be tough living with a broken google :whistle: , see if you can find something yourself:

http://tinyurl.com/23sa46w

But, no :(, I don't think we have a "solution" or a "definite" one for it. :unsure:

You may try to use google translate on these:

http://people.overclockers.ru/showman/record1

http://forums.overclockers.ru/viewtopic.php?t=295009

there may be something of relevance.

Please, STOP multiposting, this thread is ALREADY filled with an excessive number of postings and NO you cannot SWAP a PCB, and NO you can NOT normally "fix" a PCB (exception made perhaps for a shot TVS diode).

This is not "question time", MOST of your questions have ALREADY been asked and replied to, please TAKE YOUR TIME READing what has ALREADY been posted.

IF your post is last one in a thread, ALWAYS edit it adding to it new text and NEVER make ANOTHER post just below your preceding one. :realmad:

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

@jaclaz - Just wanted to say thanks for all that you do and that there are people that appreciate your help and all that this forum and it staff do. From now on i will be a regular here and try to help as much as i can.

About my drive not spining up - It's a referb - ( Certified Rapaired ) drive, so i guess it may have a problem with weak heads or something like it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For people with ST******NS drives that get LED: 000000CC - there is a way by shortening "read channel" ( read about it in another forum, so search for it, there is a picture )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

CA-42 cables from FocalPrice ( GT50727 ) :

Blue cable with 5 wires, 3 wires soldered to PCB, cables are ( usually ) :

Blue : RX ( connect TX to drive )

White : TX ( connect RX to drive )

Black : GND

Few things that i've found out for better results :

Try making your cable shorter, Do not use hubs/extenders, Use the USB ports on the back of your case, Recheck and solder your connectors.

Stop buying any s***gate product ;)

I got this:

F3 T>mo,2,2,,,,,22

Did you type F3 T>mo,2,2,,,,,22 or F3 T>m0,2,2,,,,,22

There should be a 0(zero) after the m and not an o

and NO you cannot SWAP a PCB,

Maybe you should put that also in the READ-ME-FIRST (although that is normally read last). That is normally asked time and again. Maybe also the buffalo-wiki link for the people who don't listen to warnings (or live in the middle of nowhere and cannot get another converter)

I've put m0,2,2,,,,,22

The adapters i've made is Around MAX232 (from the datasheet) and seems to work fine

May be the problem was more deeper affecting not only the Firmware, but the Heads or the Disk itself

I continu to search and try

What is the requirement to swap PCBs?

Thanks

Edited by momo2011