The Solution for Seagate 7200.11 HDDs

Hello,

This looks like my only choice, after my freeagent USB desktop froze and won't be detected by my computer anymore.

The drive is in fact a Barracuda 7200.11 500Gbytes Firmware SD35.

I will try the procedure you guys talk in this forum, and post results after.

Cheers.

Hello there, Im stuck over here.

Successfully connected a DKU-5 to the seagate drive, but with the PCB disconnected from platters/motor I get the following:

F3 T>/2

F3 2>Z

LED:000000CE FAddr:00280565

Please help :unsure:

Edited by Caronte

Hello there, Im stuck over here.

Successfully connected a DKU-5 to the seagate drive, but with the PCB disconnected from platters/motor I get the following:

F3 T>/2

F3 2>Z

Please help :unsure:

AFAIK, the motor should NOT be disconnected (otherwise what's going to spin down? :unsure:).

Read here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...8807&st=464

jaclaz

i've tried everything so far and i double check everything as well so i've come to the conclusion this drive cannot be resolved i guess it has to go for data recovery. if there's anyone out there that can advise it would be appreciated. thank you jaclaz & Jhothagondyaz for your help.

Hey guys, I need your help.

I have a 500gb 7200.11 faulty drive, I've managed to run the 0lba and busy fix I guess, just don't know how well it runned. Anyways, the symptoms of my drive is that after a cold boot, the bios and any os can detect it normally, I can view and change the data on it. After like 2 minutes, the drive just crashes, bios stop recognizing it and all.

The problem is that I managed to update it's firmware already, it's already at sd1a firmware version, but still the problem occurs.

I have more than 400GB of data in this hdd and since I can see and access the data on it, I'm pretty much hopeful than a simple fix may fix it forever.

Ah, just remembered, I've done the 0lba fix, but couldn't manage to keep my adapter working for the busy fix. I'm using home made jumpers, the contact is terrible, it's all messed up.

Anyways, I just want to know if anyone with this symptom of driving shutting down after a while (and returning normally after a cold boot) managed to fix the drive using the busy fix.

11072009174802.png

I have done exactly as in this diagram. I am using USB to TTL:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=200360064779

I get nothing from HyperTerminal when connected to PCB. I have checked all connections and tried rearranging them.

Loopback works fine.

With HyperTerminal, how do I get rid of the Country/Area code like in the original guide? Does it matter?

post-225812-1240681002.jpg

12072009130345.png

A few months ago I bought two Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 hard drives.

Twins.

A few days after booting the PC, one of the HDD stopped working.

Was not recognized by BIOS, and of course, nor for Windows.

That HDD is recovered through this site.

The other worked well.

Update the firmware of the two, and all correct.

For added security, I used "SeaTools software" - Seagate diagnostic software,

in both HDD.

Conclusion:

The hard drive recovered (Was not recognized by BIOS): Without errors.

The other:

Diagnosis = Multiple bad sectors.

With "software HDD Regenerator", issue resolved.

But ...

Now the two HDD in the trash.

Are not of my faith.

Right, data safe.

I've managed to update the firmware and get a response from the drive but it seem to get stuck at this stage.

With isolator

post-251167-1247402974_thumb.jpg

without isolator

post-251167-1247402999_thumb.jpg

but the symptoms are still the same gets detected once only... Any ideas out there?

Edited by SAFIX

hmmmm... So I just need to downgrade the firmware, fix it through the serial port with the busy fix, and update it again. Hmmm. I'll definitely try this.

To the guy having no output from the drive itself, try connecting the molex ground to the usb->serial converter AND to the drive ground. It's the pin to the left of rx and tx.