The Solution for Seagate 7200.11 HDDs

how do you connect the wires from a cell phone data-usb cable to the hard drive without soldering?

and how are people getting the cell phone cable ends open? using any specific tools? mine doesn't seem to open easily

(Connections are good, Paper card under PCB disconnecting the bottom connector.)

F3 T>/2

F3 2> Z

Spin Down Complete
Elapsed Time 0.154 msecs

(Paper card Removed)

F3 2> U

(Drive begins to emit a quiet Buzzing noise every 1.5 seconds. Seven Minutes later..)

Error 1009 DETSEC 00006008
Spin Error
Elapsed Time 7 mins 27 secs
R/W Status 2 R/W Error 84150180

The only response to this problem has been to clean the connectors, which I have done thoroughly. The problem persists.

Are you using "spaces" before U and Z commands?

F3 2> Z

F3 2> U

Correct

F3 2>Z

F3 2>U

You isolate BOTH motor and head connectors, unmounting the PCB. You don't put paper card under PCB disconnecting only the bottom connector.

Edited by pichi

okay - another question someone might be able to help with.

I have acquired to mobile data cables. An old Ericsson and Motorla.

The following pin-outs for the cables are here:

http://pinouts.ru/CellularPhones-A-N/motor...88_pinout.shtml and here

http://pinouts.ru/CellularPhones-P-W/erics_t28_pinout.shtml

Using the Ericsson cable, I connected the TX and RX respectively, and a 3v battery to the DGND and VCC.

However - when in Hyperterminal (using the Ericsson cable), pressing CRTL+Z results in random characters flowing down the screen.

I've tried switching the RX and TX but the same results happen.

Looking at the Motorola cable I'm completely lost. Can anyone give me a hand as to where I would connect the + and - terminals of the 3v battery. The RX and TX lines are self explanatory.

Edited by Shooman

Using the Ericsson cable, I connected the TX and RX respectively, and a 3v battery to the DGND and VCC.

However - when in Hyperterminal (using the Ericsson cable), pressing CRTL+Z results in random characters flowing down the screen.

Looking at the Motorola cable I'm completely lost. Can anyone give me a hand as to where I would connect the + and - terminals of the 3v battery. The RX and TX lines are self explanatory.

I think that the cable need power supply:

10 DGND Digital ground <-------- Negative terminal of 3V battery

11 Vcc DC + for battery charging + External accessory powering <-------- Positive terminal of 3V battery

Schematic:

http://pinouts.ru/CellularPhonesCables/eri...le_pinout.shtml

Configure your hyperterminal: 38400, 8, N, 1, None

Edited by pichi

I think that the cable need power supply:

10 DGND Digital ground <-------- Negative terminal of 3V battery

11 Vcc DC + for battery charging + External accessory powering <-------- Positive terminal of 3V battery

Schematic:

http://pinouts.ru/CellularPhonesCables/eri...le_pinout.shtml

Configure your hyperterminal: 38400, 8, N, 1, None

Yeh- I've got the Ericsson cable down - I'm talking about the Motorola Cable

A 500 g is back to life .

But i have another one seagate 1 T and have problems to make to work

when the drive power on make a noise and after about 20 sec stop

F3 T/2

F3 2>Z

IT GIVES :

LED 000000CE FAdr00280569

the same gives and with pcb alone

When i gave the U

ERROR 1009 DETSEC0006008

SPIN ERROR

I've got exactly the same problem as Shooman... it's a genuine Nokia CA-42 cable (Purchased from Nokia @ £30).

I couldn't install the drivers without a nokia phone and as soon as I remove the phone the COM port disappears... so I'm a little baffled as to how the other members on this forum who used the CA-42 cable managed to get round this.

Did they use an older driver, maybe? One that gets registered without the Nokia Suite being installed, and if so can I get a copy of said driver?

Edited by fairly_inept

I've got exactly the same problem as Shooman... it's a genuine Nokia CA-42 cable (Purchased from Nokia @ £30).

I couldn't install the drivers without a nokia phone and as soon as I remove the phone the COM port disappears... so I'm a little baffled as to how the other members on this forum who used the CA-42 cable managed to get round this.

Did they use an older driver, maybe? One that gets registered without the Nokia Suite being installed, and if so can I get a copy of said driver?

It is quite a puzzle.

I did try testing out something though. Figuring that the cable might need some kind of power to 'activate' it in windows (I seem to remember someone saying that some nokia cables are self powered by the USB, and some are not).

From the phone connection end I disconnected the TX and RX wires, and soldered them onto the CD-ROM audio cable ends (To go into the HDD). Everything else I left connected up to the plug-end plug.

I then plugged the phone it.

The phone recognises it's been plugged into a data cable - but (of course, because both TX and RX wires are not connected), nothing comes up in Windows.

I then plugged the TX and RX wires into the HDD. And turned it on.

Unfortunately, Windows came with with 'USB device not recognised'. This went away when disconnecting the HDD.

Back to the drawing board.

It is quite a puzzle.

I did try testing out something though. Figuring that the cable might need some kind of power to 'activate' it in windows (I seem to remember someone saying that some nokia cables are self powered by the USB, and some are not).

From the phone connection end I disconnected the TX and RX wires, and soldered them onto the CD-ROM audio cable ends (To go into the HDD). Everything else I left connected up to the plug-end plug.

The phone recognises it's been plugged into a data cable - but (of course, because both TX and RX wires are not connected), nothing comes up in Windows.

Unfortunately, Windows came with with 'USB device not recognised'. This went away when disconnecting the HDD.

When I tried to manually install the drivers - I got a windows message saying that the 'drivers had not be registered' - perhaps the Nokia Suite dynamically registereds the drivers and un-registereds them when not in use.

I'm gonna try a program that I have which captures changes to the system state (drivers, programs, registry entries etc) first when a nokia phone is attached and then when just the cable is attached. I'll let ya know the results.

PS. This would be a lot easier if one of the people who' managed to do this using the CA-42 would respond.

Edited by fairly_inept

A 500 g is back to life .

But i have another one seagate 1 T and have problems to make to work

when the drive power on make a noise and after about 20 sec stop

F3 T/2

F3 2>Z

IT GIVES :

the same gives and with pcb alone

When i gave the U

ERROR 1009 DETSEC0006008

SPIN ERROR

This is exactly what happened to me when I tried, then I used a level 3 spin down command instead:

F3 T>/3

F3 3>Z

It is quite a puzzle.

When I tried to manually install the drivers - I got a windows message saying that the 'drivers had not be registered' - perhaps the Nokia Suite dynamically registereds the drivers and un-registereds them when not in use.

I'm gonna try a program that I have which captures changes to the system state (drivers, programs, registry entries etc) first when a nokia phone is attached and then when just the cable is attached. I'll let ya know the results.

PS. This would be a lot easier if one of the people who' managed to do this using the CA-42 would respond.

Err - are you sure it's not just the message Windows gives to drivers that have not been signed? ie. The manufacturer didn't pay Microsoft monies to have their drivers come with the big M$ Seal of Approval.