The Solution for Seagate 7200.11 HDDs

Just been looking around for a suitable cable to use, not much choice in UK, although it appears people are butchering phone cables. Well I had a look at RS & CPC and they both sell this part

TTL-232R-3V3 it is a USB to TTL 3.3V adapter with 6ft of cable, drivers and a choice of connector on the end, either bare cables or a mini connector

http://uk.farnell.com/ftdi/ttl-232r-3v3/ca...equestid=663839

Might be a better option as the datasheet clearly identifies the correct pins to use, presumably you just need a torx screwdriver to remove PCB and a spare power connector to power the drive.

Just thought I would pass this on for those that are looking but uncertain, this at least takes some of that uncertainty out of the job?

Tried it now, got same result as when i tried m0,2,2,0,0,0,0,22.

Max Wr Retries = 00, Max Rd Retries = 00, Max ECC T-Level = 00, Max Certify Rewrite Retries = 0000

User Partition Format Successful - Elapsed Time 0 mins 00 secs

Any more ideas? Some info commands that could help understand what's going on??

I have repaired my hdd with this command: m0,2,2,0,0,0,0,22 and 0 mins 00 secs too.

You have other problem, because you have BSY and LBA0 repaired.

You can see all commands of your 7200.11 disc with this:

Ctrl+z

F3 T>/C

F3 C>Q

(List all commands of your hdd)

Check your lists:

Ctrl+z

F3 T>V1

F3 T>V2

F3 T>V4

F3 T>V8

F3 T>V10

F3 T>V20

F3 T>V40

F3 T>V80

F3 T>V100

If you have G-List entries you have bad sectors.

YES!!!

thanks guys i think ive done it. im just checking my lists and the V1 list is still going after a few minutes - it is soooo looong. lol

Help, i am right now at this step

"Now the tricky part. Pratice a lot without any power before even trying this. You need to make sure that the screws don't touch the PCB board where they aren't suppose to or you will fry your PCB board. If you have been practicing and the power is not connected, start at STEP ONE.

With the POWER CONNECTED to the PCB board, as well as your TX/RX terminal wires, mount the board back on the HDA case. You must have the power connected when you do this."

so i want to return my pcb on top the hard drive, my completely detached my pcb. so now to return it safely, iam thinking of putting a large piece of paper such that it covers both contacts, then after putting in a couple of screws, ill slide the piece of paper covering the bottom contact, then ill remove the paper coving the 3 pin contact by sliding it out. I is the right way? iam gona stay online

Thanks

Edited by Grime

Help, i am right now at this step

"Now the tricky part. Pratice a lot without any power before even trying this. You need to make sure that the screws don't touch the PCB board where they aren't suppose to or you will fry your PCB board. If you have been practicing and the power is not connected, start at STEP ONE.

With the POWER CONNECTED to the PCB board, as well as your TX/RX terminal wires, mount the board back on the HDA case. You must have the power connected when you do this."

so i want to return my pcb on top the hard drive, my completely detached my pcb. so now to return it safely, iam thinking of putting a large piece of paper such that it covers both contacts, then after putting in a couple of screws, ill slide the piece of paper covering the bottom contact, then ill remove the paper coving the 3 pin contact by sliding it out. I is the right way? iam gona stay online

Thanks

yea thats what i did. but when i started i put the paper over the contacts first. then did the Z. then slid the 2 papers out and tightened screws. then did the U.

took about 3 4 mins to complete so if u see nothing happening straight away dont worry. urs may take some time too.

Help, I am at the last step. i wanted to enter this F3 T>m0,2,2,,,,,22 (enter)

so instead of typing it right in, i decided to copy paste it, so i copied it then went to hyperterminal and pressed ctrl+V. then i got this

EchoInterfaceCmds : On

What is that, what to do next? dammit i screwed up in the LAST step

Thank you

EDIT: ive been waiting too long for a reply, i decided to press ctrl+V and see what happens, and what a got was a strange character, now whatever ctrl+Z i get arrows --> and when i press ctrl+V i get small square dots. and i pressed ctrl+X by mistake due to extreme frustration, but atleast i didnt send any commands (i didnt press enter). PLEASE HELPPPPPPP. i am going to stay online here. i restarted hyperterminal, but same problem, i get --> when i press ctrl+z. I WAS SO CLOSE TO THE END :(

Edited by Grime

I have connected my seagate barracuda with one DCU 65 Cable (Sony Ericcson).

My PC didnt find the hardware (undefined usb) what i must do???

I didnt find any drivers, maybe i have it falls connected.

The cable has 1 red, 1 black, 1 white and 1 green cable which from them are tx and rx?!

THX for Help!!!

so instead of typing it right in, i decided to copy paste it, so i copied it then went to hyperterminal and pressed ctrl+V. then i got this

Thank you

EDIT: ive been waiting too long for a reply, i decided to press ctrl+V and see what happens, and what a got was a strange character, now whatever ctrl+Z i get arrows --> and when i press ctrl+V i get small square dots. and i pressed ctrl+X by mistake due to extreme frustration, but atleast i didnt send any commands (i didnt press enter). PLEASE HELPPPPPPP. i am going to stay online here. i restarted hyperterminal, but same problem, i get --> when i press ctrl+z. I WAS SO CLOSE TO THE END :(

lol

Ctrl+v = ToggleInterfaceCmdEcho

Ctrl+x = DisplayInterfaceAndRwCmdHistory

For see all commands:

Ctrl+z

F3 T>/C

F3 C>Q

Online ^A: Rev 0002.0000, Flash, DisplayFirmwareRev

Online ^B: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, GetThermistorTemperature

Online ^C: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, FirmwareReset

Online ^D: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, ToggleRwTracing

Online ^E: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayInterfaceConfig

Online ^F: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayInterfaceRdCacheInfo

Online ^I: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayControllerRegs

Online ^K: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayDstStatus

Online ^L: Rev 0003.0000, Flash, DisplaySignOnMsg

Online CR: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, Abort

Online ^N: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, ToggleRwTracing

Online ^P: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, ToggleDiagIdleMode

Online ^Q: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, ResumeInterfaceTask

Online ^R: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, EnableAsciiOnlineSerialPortMode

Online ^S: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, PauseInterfaceTask

Online ^T: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, EnableEslipSerialPortMode

Online ^U: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayCongen

Online ^V: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, ToggleInterfaceCmdEcho

Online ^W: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, RwStatsEnableAndInit

Online ^X: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayInterfaceAndRwCmdHistory

Online ^Y: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayDstStatus

Online ^Z: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, EnableAsciiDiagSerialPortMode

Online ESC: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, AbortLoopOrBatchFile

Online ^\: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, ToggleDebugDisplayEnable

Online '!': Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayRdChannelRegs

Online '%': Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayMuxStatus (Obsolete)

Online '.': Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayActiveStatus

Online ';': Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayMachineStatus (Obsolete)

Online '<': Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DecRwScopeSync

Online '>': Rev 0001.0000, Flash, IncRwScopeSync

Online '?': Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayDiagBufferInfo

Online '`': Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayRwStats

Online '{': Rev 0001.0000, Flash, ToggleEibTracing

Online '~': Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayInterfaceCmdState

Edited by pichi

Thank you

lol

Ctrl+v = ToggleInterfaceCmdEcho

Ctrl+x = DisplayInterfaceAndRwCmdHistory

For see all commands:

Ctrl+z

F3 T>/C

F3 C>Q

Online ^A: Rev 0002.0000, Flash, DisplayFirmwareRev

Online ^B: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, GetThermistorTemperature

Online ^C: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, FirmwareReset

Online ^D: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, ToggleRwTracing

Online ^E: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayInterfaceConfig

Online ^F: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayInterfaceRdCacheInfo

Online ^I: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayControllerRegs

Online ^K: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayDstStatus

Online ^L: Rev 0003.0000, Flash, DisplaySignOnMsg

Online CR: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, Abort

Online ^N: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, ToggleRwTracing

Online ^P: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, ToggleDiagIdleMode

Online ^Q: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, ResumeInterfaceTask

Online ^R: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, EnableAsciiOnlineSerialPortMode

Online ^S: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, PauseInterfaceTask

Online ^T: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, EnableEslipSerialPortMode

Online ^U: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayCongen

Online ^V: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, ToggleInterfaceCmdEcho

Online ^W: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, RwStatsEnableAndInit

Online ^X: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayInterfaceAndRwCmdHistory

Online ^Y: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayDstStatus

Online ^Z: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, EnableAsciiDiagSerialPortMode

Online ESC: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, AbortLoopOrBatchFile

Online ^\: Rev 0001.0000, Flash, ToggleDebugDisplayEnable

Online '!': Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayRdChannelRegs

Online '%': Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayMuxStatus (Obsolete)

Online '.': Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayActiveStatus

Online ';': Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayMachineStatus (Obsolete)

Online '<': Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DecRwScopeSync

Online '>': Rev 0001.0000, Flash, IncRwScopeSync

Online '?': Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayDiagBufferInfo

Online '`': Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayRwStats

Online '{': Rev 0001.0000, Flash, ToggleEibTracing

Online '~': Rev 0001.0000, Flash, DisplayInterfaceCmdState

hey i appreciate your answer, but i really dont understand what are u trying to say. i see you provided these 3 lines:

For see all commands:

Ctrl+z

F3 T>/C

F3 C>Q

you said "For see all commands:", what does that mean, are u saying i should enter these commands? but i cant enter them because hyperterminal keeps displaying these weird arrow when i press -->, checkout the attached pic, and if i press ctrl+Z again ill get another arrow next to it. Please tell me how to return my hyperterminal back to normal so that after i press ctrl+Z ill get F3 T>. and what do i do next, do i just go ahead and enter the last statement left (F3 T>m0,2,2,,,,,22 ) or do i enter /C and Q before that like u said?

Thank you

post-233990-1235715605_thumb.jpg

Edited by Grime

Ctrl+z

Ctrl+v

Ctrl+z

Ctrl+\

Ctrl+z

The arrow is the echo of "Ctrl+z", but you must receive F3 T>

ok i did press these combinations after each other, without pressing enter between them because i am trying not to do anything by guessing unless clearly told to do so. but your solution as I understood it didnt really work, all i got is a bunch of strange characters on 1 line. I am sure you know the solution but maybe i am missing something, maybe i should press enter between each command? heres a picture to better understand.

another memeber told me to do a ctrl+R then ctrl+c then ctrl+z to fix it, but all i got is more strange characters...

I wish you can be as clear as possible in your description of the solution, your time is very appreciated.

Thank you

post-233990-1235731906_thumb.jpg

Edited by Grime

Hello i have bought a dku 5 cable.

It has 6 cables...1 red, 1 orange, 1 yellow, 1 green, 1 blue, 1 white.

I have found this:

1: blue (ground-shield)

3: yellow

4: orange (3.3v)

6: green (rx)

7: white (tx)

8: red (ground)

Is that correct?!

Please look at the picture and tell me if i did something wrong.

Thanks!

dsc00431o.jpg

w1600.png

Edited by Shooter2142

I have connected my seagate barracuda with one DCU 65 Cable (Sony Ericcson).

My PC didnt find the hardware (undefined usb) what i must do???

I didnt find any drivers, maybe i have it falls connected.

The cable has 1 red, 1 black, 1 white and 1 green cable which from them are tx and rx?!

THX for Help!!!

Are you sure the DCU65 have TX and RX lines? I don't think so.

The DCU60 have only D+ and D- and there are no differences between the DCU60 and DCU65 in addition to length and color.

http://pinouts.ru/CellularPhonesCables/son...60_pinout.shtml

Ctrl+z

Ctrl+v

Ctrl+z

Ctrl+\

Ctrl+z

ok i did press these combinations after each other, without pressing enter between them because i am trying not to do anything by guessing unless clearly told to do so. but your solution as I understood it didnt really work, all i got is a bunch of strange characters on 1 line. I am sure you know the solution but maybe i am missing something, maybe i should press enter between each command? heres a picture to better understand.

another memeber told me to do a ctrl+R then ctrl+c then ctrl+z to fix it, but all i got is more strange characters...

I wish you can be as clear as possible in your description of the solution, your time is very appreciated.

Thank you

See your hyperterminal configuration.

If Ctrl+z at 38400, 8, N, 1, None doesn't work try it at 9600, 8, N, 1

Sometimes the baudrate change.

Ctrl+z

Ctrl+v

Ctrl+z

Ctrl+\

Ctrl+z

Thank you

See your hyperterminal configuration.

If Ctrl+z at 38400, 8, N, 1, None doesn't work try it at 9600, 8, N, 1

Sometimes the baudrate change.

i used 9600, 8, N, 1,None and same result, just a line of strange characters. :wacko: this small mistake i did at the last step has fried my nerves since yesterday. I entered the sequence as you said but nothing happens. i want to note that the button of \ is also the button of |, there both on the same key. just wanted to mention that. this echo thing i expected it to go away when i restart hyperterminal, i thought it would start fresh. oh man i wish i just typed that last step instead of trying to be smart and paste it. :unsure:

if this proves to be hard to solve, can i just simple enter the last command and get done with this? i mean from what i understand, EchoInterfaceCmds just echos back the commands you send, so this doesnt really change anything and i can just proceed to the last step, Right?

post-233990-1235755090_thumb.jpg

post-233990-1235755096_thumb.jpg

Edited by Grime