The Solution for Seagate 7200.11 HDDs

I dont know who was stupid enough that told to insulating pins from motor (in original source user should insulate connector which goes to head assembly)

remove whole pcb and check that you can connect to terminal, if you can i will guide you what to do.

but this is a paradigm shift if i'm not wrong, i mean, the original solution of Gradius2 consisted of isolating the pins from the motor (by removing 1 hex-screw and inserting a piece of cardboard for example....).

now im even more confused!...

cmburns

but this is a paradigm shift if i'm not wrong, i mean, the original solution of Gradius2 consisted of isolating the pins from the motor (by removing 1 hex-screw and inserting a piece of cardboard for example....).

now im even more confused!...

just unscrew WHOLE pcb, enter terminal, IMPORTANT! stop spindle, connect pcb to disk, wake up drive with U command

Hi Gradius et al,

I am looking for some technical help please!!

I have connected my hard drive through my com port as described in post 1.

I was able to connect to HyperTerminal fine however I did something stupidd.

I have the BSY issue so the first command I entered in HyperTerminal was /2

after this I need to enter Z to spin down the motor but Instead I stupidly entered z (lower case).

I now get the message below in HyperTerminal.

LED:000000CE FAddr:0028E24B

I cannot get rid of this message. Can anyone please help? I really am in desparate need to repair this drive

Edited by TechnoFreek

remove pcb from hdd, plug terminal connectors, connect power and try to open terminal. when you got prompt repeat all but skip i4,1,22

thank you but do you mean removing the pcb totally or just the part related to the spin motor? (i tried once by just disconneting the spin motor part of the pcb and the terminal seemed not working)

I dont know who was stupid enough that told to insulating pins from motor (in original source user should insulate connector which goes to head assembly)

remove whole pcb and check that you can connect to terminal, if you can i will guide you what to do.

aviko, it worked, i am now in terminal, what should i do?

after this I need to enter Z to spin down the motor but Instead I stupidly entered z (lower case).

I now get the message below in HyperTerminal.

Do you got this avery time when you power up drive?

SalvationDATA manual

aviko, i have gotten around this error, I now have another. once I have typed Z and spun down the motor successfully, I then remove the pirce of card I have placed under the screw hole. I screw back the pcb to the drive spindle but then I get the error LED:000000CC FAddr:0024A051

I dont get the chance to enter the command U to start the motor. but the error instead.

if you are still on level 2>

F3 2>/

F3 T>F,,22

you should see message about drive was restored to defaults

then:

F3 T>m0,2,2,0,0,0,0,22

then wait for complete.

power off drive. check in bios.

aviko, i have gotten around this error, I now have another. once I have typed Z and spun down the motor successfully, I then remove the pirce of card I have placed under the screw hole. I screw back the pcb to the drive spindle but then I get the error LED:000000CC FAddr:0024A051

I dont get the chance to enter the command U to start the motor. but the error instead.

wait about 30-60 seconds before send Z then you shouldnt get CC error

remove pcb from hdd, plug terminal connectors, connect power and try to open terminal. when you got prompt repeat all but skip i4,1,22

thank you but do you mean removing the pcb totally or just the part related to the spin motor? (i tried once by just disconneting the spin motor part of the pcb and the terminal seemed not working)

aviko, should i execute this command or not:

F3 1>N1 (enter)

and also shouldn't i power off and then ON before this command:

F3 T>m0,2,2,,,,,22 (enter)

Thanks

F3 1>N1 (enter)

Thanks

skip N1, restore drive to defaults, then send m0,2,2,0,0,0,0,22

F3 1>N1 (enter)

Thanks

wouldn't it be useful, if someone would write down all the commands, power offs/ons and removing/attaching PCB when needed from scratch? coz i get the feeling, it gets more and more untransparent....

cmburns

wait about 30-60 seconds before send Z then you shouldnt get CC error

GRRR... now when restart the command and press Z to spin down the motor I get LED:000000CE FAddr:00280569

any ideas aviko? many thanks

wouldn't it be useful, if someone would write down all the commands, power offs/ons and removing/attaching PCB when needed from scratch? coz i get the feeling, it gets more and more untransparent....

well, manual was written far far before all this started, unfortunately in native language of author:

http://yura.projektas.lt/files/seagate/720011_ES2.html

polish version:

http://yura.projektas.lt/files/seagate/720011_ES21.html

NOTE TO ALL WHO USE TRANSLATORS! All below this line:

Kaip pvz. tai daro pc3000  UDMA  ( 500 Gb BSY and Cap 0 solution.rar)

is only an example how commercial solutions work. not to be done at home.

is only an example how commercial solutions work. not to be done at home.

ok aviko, i am aware of this fact.

but i guess only few of us with this problem understand native polish language.....

therefore we follow(ed) Gradius2's version/solution.

but now is seems that there are main differences, for example, u say to skip the 'i4,1,22' command, also the POWER OFF, waiting 10secs and then POWER ON of the drive, which Gradiu2 says wouls be 'very important'......

since most of us are newbies, who are not familiar with all these commands and their function, we are somewhat confused.....

thanks

cmburns

GRRR... now when restart the command and press Z to spin down the motor I get LED:000000CE FAddr:00280569

any ideas aviko? many thanks

ok lets start from scratch, try this:

put some isolation under connector to heads (paper plastic etc.) motor have to be connected. power up drive. enter terminal, press ctrl+z.

and this i am not sure, i havent any 7200.11 here to check, you have to try

first try:

wait until motor stops itself. then enter /2 and Z

if you got message spin down completed remove isolation from pcb and mha connector (mha - magnetic heads assembly)

screw on pcb to hdd. if you still dont get CC or CE its really good.

now wake up drive with command U

motor should be started and you should not get any error messages, otherwise you have to start again from begin.

when drive spins up, go to level T (just enter /)

now type F,,22

should appear message about restoring to defaults.

then

F3 t>/1

then

F3 1>N1

if drive goes back to prompt ask for further instructions. (dont power off yet)

ufff, I hope it will work