The Solution for Seagate 7200.11 HDDs

AAANNNDDD:

BINGO!!

jaclaz, You are my personal Hero!

THX!

The important HDD is working (the other i had not tested yet), and now i am saving my Data's before i make a Firmware update.

Sad, that the HDD is not booting, but you cant having all at once :-)

I am glad enough i get my datas back!!

THX for all in the Forum, and greetings from Germany,

Casalla

@mathemaddicts:

I know how frightening you are about this work, but i can tell you, if you really do what here is written (and at MappleLeafs- look at the Links in the beginning of the topic - this is a very good explaining!!), you can nearly nothing do wrong (learn from my errors, too ;) )

In german forums are a lot of people they are no electricans, and have repaired her HDD self, with this Sites.

For me it was a hard operation, too, but now i am laughing.

I think, if you dont wont to pay a lot of money (200-300$), and there is no one to help you, you have two options: No Data, or a little bit tinker and the chance to get your Data back.

Be plucky, be thoroughly, and do it step by step. i hope you get your Data back soon! :thumbup

Best wishes,

Casalla

Well !!! Happy 2014 to all

as i see this i have the same issue with Casalla and everything that i have read till now as Jaclaz say pointing to grounding tho i dont understand something vital....

to my case i need to put the black wire from my converter not direclty to my HDD ground pin but i need to put it somewhere else ? in a spare battery at minus ?

this is step 7#

I will repeat myself, you NEED a (black) wire connecting:

the Hard Disk Drive "Ground" pin

the converter "Ground" or 0V pin or connector or wire

the (standard PC) Power Supply black wire OR if a battery is used, the - (minus) side/pin of it OR if a separate Power Supply is used, it's black wire or 0V pin or 0v/-(minus) connector or anyway wire marked 0v/-(minus) or connected to anything marked 0v/-(minus)/GRN/GND/GROUND

thanks

"Grnd Converter">>>>"Grnd HDD">>>>"Black Cable Power supply" is the shematic?

Casalla

Sorry again but this one mean that i need to place a single wire with a tape to the converter black wire and to the black of the power supply one ? and then put it on the ground of the Hdd ?

Check the Octopus :w00t:

Read starting from here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/128807-the-solution-for-seagate-720011-hdds/page-153#entry968299

a few posts (the above link has just been re-posted in order to help Casalla1 :whistle: )

up to here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/128807-the-solution-for-seagate-720011-hdds/?p=968346

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

@Beezgr:

YES,you need one cable from "HDD-grnd" to "power supply black cable", and one cable from "converter grnd" to "power supply black cable". "converter grnd" is connected with "battery - MINUS", so you must not 'grounding' from "battery - MINUS" to "power supply black cable", you see?

Hope you are successful.

Greetings,

Casalla

DEar All,

So, here I go doing the same as all above, yet I cant seem to work out why I am not succeeding.

I Power up the hard drive. wait to press ctrl z so its not too soon, but by the time ive waited 20 seconds, the drive just wants to power down and stop making noises. It produces me with an error that is this

led000000cc faddr 0025bf67

or

led000000ce faddr 0028e24b

depending on whether i try to rush it or not....

please someone help!

James

@silcockj:

I dont know this error-message, but:

Have you ever connected and powered the HDD with the Paper on Motor-contacts? So it shouldnt spin, at first. then, after the reconfigure-Tags, in the rigth Moment, release the Paper, and then the HDD shold be normal powered and run, and is ready for the ending-configure for succesfull repair.

I think (mean, believe..) this error-code is normal, if you connect the HDD without the Paper-Isolation.

And, because that was my great fail: have you all groundings connected? see 3 or 4 toppics above.

Hope, its helpfull,

Carsten

Thanks for the response

I have a bit of paper blocking the motor contacts, but the problem is that the hard drive powers up, and then powers Down before I have a chance to run the commands.

Make sense?

Best, J

Make sense?

Yes and no. :w00t:

The "original" guide is about having the PCB completely detached from the hard disk.

Then there are people that had success with a slip of paper under the head contacts and some that had success with it under the motor contacts.

Try with the PCB completely detached first (only to see if you can get to the F3> prompt this way).

Can you confirm that it is a 7200.11 (AND NOT an ES2 drive)?

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/129551-unlocking-terminal-of-seagate-es2-in-bsyled000000cc-state/

jaclaz

Hello.

I can't fix my seagate.

F3 T>/2
F3 2>Z
Spin Down Complete
Elapsed Time 0.155 msecs
And if I give the command
F3 2>U
Disk gives me
LED:000000CC FAddr:0024A051
LED:000000CC FAddr:0024A051

Motor is up, but putty don't gives me this information.

What's happend? How can I fix my seagate?

Thanks, Lou