The Solution for Seagate 7200.11 HDDs

Ah well, I already consider the DIY jobs done for.
I've been looking at the professional data recovery ones, might be a while until I have the money to pay for one of those. Over 1000+.

Edited by Confused07

Difficult to say, it could be the actual adapter DOA or more simply a cold solder (or improper connection of the wires you are using).

Yes, DoA

I bought another one and I have another problem :}

After

F3 1>N1 (enter)

appear

LED:00000047 FAddr:04290100

LED:00000047 FAddr:04290100

Well, you can try again from the beginning but skip the SMART erase command, and or simply try again, sometimes there are timing problems.

jaclaz

F3 2>/1 (enter)

F3 1>N1 (enter)

F3 T>m0,2,2,0,0,0,0,22 (enter)

right?

Edited by Oswy

the dash flashes by about 30 minutes :ph34r:

----------

LED:000000CC FAddr:0024A051
LED:000000CC FAddr:0024A051
(disconnect.. cardboard etc.)
F3T>
F3 T>/2
F3 2>Z
Spin Down Complete
Elapsed Time 0.144 msecs
F3 2>U
Spin Up Complete
Elapsed Time 6.546 secs
F3 2>/T
F3 T>m0,2,2,0,0,0,0,22 or F3 T>m0,2,2,,,,,22
nothing happen
also tried
F3 T>i4,1,22
Unable to load Diag Overlay
Edited by Oswy

Do you know which firmware the disk has?

You could try issuing a F712 AND a F,,22 (or just the latter) as in these posts:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/128807-the-solution-for-seagate-720011-hdds/?p=832794

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/128807-the-solution-for-seagate-720011-hdds/?p=832876

BTW were you trying with the motor or with the head contacts insulated?

jaclaz

Hmmm.

The F712 is only a "diagnostic" kind of command that simply reads some data and outputs the status.

What happens if you issue directly the F,,22? :unsure:

I guess your last chance, if even the above fails, is to try again with the PCB completely disconnected, see (Italian):

http://www.gamesnet.it/f1093/seagate-barracuda-7200-11-sblocco-errore-bios-672580/

jaclaz

What happens if you issue directly the F,,22? :unsure:

nothing :no:

Today I asked for more information about the HDD (girlfriend's) and I knew that originally had the 0 LBA problem. Her brother updated the HDD with the latest firmware (as suggested by seagate software) and... BSY born! :}

Today I asked for more information about the HDD (girlfriend's) and I knew that originally had the 0 LBA problem. Her brother updated the HDD with the latest firmware (as suggested by seagate software) and... BSY born! :}

Hmmm. :unsure:

I doubt that you can update the firmware of a drive in LBA0 state. (or even if it is *possible* is one of - no offence intended to the guy that surely did this in perfect good faith - the most absurd attempts I ever heard of :ph34r:).

And allow me to also doubt that "Seagate software" can analyze a LBA0 disk drive and "suggest" a firmware upgrade.

jaclaz

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm new to Forum, even I read this and other topics couple of days ago i still have a problem with my Seagate with this firmware. So let me explain, and i will appreciate any help and info You could give me. So..... i did steps in this guide to 'unbrick' this stupid firmware of Seagate, but i have problem with communication to my HDD, i can not get any prompt when press ctrl+z, i tried swapping RX TX and i got controller(MAX3232) which can work under 3.3v and 5v and still do not have luck. I have really important data that i need to copy. I have Seagate ST3100034as 7200.11 sd15 OEM(maybe that is a problem? OEM version?) HDD , and i think i got that BSY bug, because HDD is not recognized in BIOS, and red led lamp is flashing non stop until BIOS move to boot other HDD. Please tell me if there is any chance that i can communicate to HDD or serial communication can not be established with this OEM HDD!?!?!?

Loop tests was successful!!

Edited by Milos87

Hello, I'm new to Forum, even I read this and other topics couple of days ago i still have a problem with my Seagate with this firmware. So let me explain, and i will appreciate any help and info You could give me. So..... i did steps in this guide to 'unbrick' this stupid firmware of Seagate, but i have problem with communication to my HDD, i can not get any prompt when press ctrl+z, i tried swapping RX TX and i got controller(MAX3232) which can work under 3.3v and 5v and still do not have luck. I have really important data that i need to copy. I have Seagate ST3100034as 7200.11 sd15 OEM(maybe that is a problem? OEM version?) HDD , and i think i got that BSY bug, because HDD is not recognized in BIOS, and red led lamp is flashing non stop until BIOS move to boot other HDD. Please tell me if there is any chance that i can communicate to HDD or serial communication can not be established with this OEM HDD!?!?!?

Loop tests was successful!!

From my opinion you have a problem with controller not with HDD.Have you tried to connect TX with RX?If you haven't even than reply on Hiperterminal,for shure your controller not work.

Hi GuyZ one's again...i need a help with bricked seagate with update on new MooseDT-SD1A-2D-8-16-32MB firmware.My mistake...I had a HDD (ST3500320AS fw SD15) that worked,after i upgrade on SD1A ,0LBA error occurred.As I read a post here from guys with similar problem ...I downgrade to AD14 and fix that error and upgrade again to SD1A but... Now i have recognized HDD 500Gb but when i attach him with other one where is my sys ..PC cant pick up Windows (loop).Please help.Tnx

Now i have recognized HDD 500Gb but when i attach him with other one where is my sys ..PC cant pick up Windows (loop).Please help.Tnx

Try describing your issue in more detail, as is it is not understandable (by me at least).

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz