Native 64-Bit software List

medhunter

I'm not sure how .ram files are supposed to work, but all they seem to be are a text file with the "real" address for the stream, ie:

http://rockradioscrapbook.ca/chum-spragge-jun17-63.ram

just has this in it:

http://rockradioscrapbook.ca/chum-spragge-jun17-63.rm

If I plug that last address, (http://rockradioscrapbook.ca/chum-spragge-jun17-63.rm), in my installed MPC-HC x64, with Shark007's codecs installed, using Ctrl+O and paste that address in "Open:" and hit OK, then the stream plays just fine.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

And by text file, I mean that the .ram file can be opened with notepad. But from my brief looking around, all of the few .ram files I checked on that website just have the exact same file name inside the .ram file, but with the extension changed to .rm. So, after you download more of them to confirm my theory. whenever you want to play one of the streams from that site, you might try just changing http://xxxxxxxxx.rm, plug that address into MPC-HC and see if it will play. They do on my version of MPC-HC. Good luck.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

One thing now is that there really isn't a workable 64-bit option for browsing on XP x64 Edition.  I used an unofficial SeaMonkey build for awhile from 2011 to 2013.  The builds that are available now target Windows 7 or higher because of the Visual Studio version that they use.  The developer could easily put in an XP compatibility flag prior to compiling his code, but won't.  Note that even Vista is out of the running here.

There was a chromium browser who's 64-bit build still worked, but it appears that will be short-lived.  The x64 build of Pale Moon for XP bit the dust a year ago.

Also note this one for Pale Moon, because it's a BIGGIE.  Once v27 rolls around, the Atom version will be discontinued, and no current version of Pale Moon will be operational on XP any more.

For now, Firefox works (personally I detest Australis, but it does run well at work)

:)

Oh

8 hours ago, JodyT said:

One thing now is that there really isn't a workable 64-bit option for browsing on XP x64 Edition.  I used an unofficial SeaMonkey build for awhile from 2011 to 2013.  The builds that are available now target Windows 7 or higher because of the Visual Studio version that they use.  The developer could easily put in an XP compatibility flag prior to compiling his code, but won't.  Note that even Vista is out of the running here.

There was a chromium browser who's 64-bit build still worked, but it appears that will be short-lived.  The x64 build of Pale Moon for XP bit the dust a year ago.

Also note this one for Pale Moon, because it's a BIGGIE.  Once v27 rolls around, the Atom version will be discontinued, and no current version of Pale Moon will be operational on XP any more.

For now, Firefox works (personally I detest Australis, but it does run well at work)

:)

Oh, im so sad to hear about Palemoon, is the web browser im using right now...

The problem of palemoon is if you want to compile yourself, they only provide VS 13+ solution, then at least is necessary have Windows 7+Viual 2013 to build

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2016-09-21 at 3:08 AM, CamTron said:

Waterfox (64-bit build of Firefox) and the latest VirtualBox work on XP x64.

I really wish there was a way to get MSYS2 working. Neither the 32-bit or the 64-bit versions run properly on XP x64.

Unfortunately, even though x64 XP x64 compatibility is touted as a feature, it hasn't worked since v46. :(

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2017 at 4:21 PM, JodyT said:

Unfortunately, even though x64 XP x64 compatibility is touted as a feature, it hasn't worked since v46. :(

An oversight you think?

If I unpack the installer for 32-bit Firefox and set the main executable to the "Windows XP" compatibility mode, it works quite well, so not all is lost.

It would be nice to have a natively working 64-bit version, though.

c

7 hours ago, cc333 said:

An oversight you think?

If I unpack the installer for 32-bit Firefox and set the main executable to the "Windows XP" compatibility mode, it works quite well, so not all is lost.

c

Now that is good to know.  A lot of Waterfox users would want to know that.  Even though I think XP and the Internet should now divorce each other, there are still those seeking a 64-bit browsing option on XP.

7 hours ago, cc333 said:

An oversight you think?

c

Wait a sec though, are you saying that you made Waterfox work with compatibility mode?

No I mean I have the 32-bit version of "real" Firefox working. I could try the 64-bit version of "real" Firefox, but we'd probably run into the same problems as with Waterfox.

I could try compatibility mode, but since there's no entry for Windows Vista x64 (which is understandable, since XP x64 predates it by at least two years), I'm not sure it'd work.

c

• 2 weeks later...

What benefit does using 64-bit Firefox over 32-bit Firefox give you? Unless you've got like 1000 tabs open with lingscars.com open, you shouldn't need more than 4 GB of RAM in a browser.