How to resize the vista partition.

ingeborgdot

I am running vista 64 and want to add more space to my os partition. I have my hdd partitioned to dual boot XP(which I don't really use anymore) and Vista Ultimate 64 bit. I then have documents etc on the other partition with about another 400GB of space left. I have had to add some more things to my vista os and with sp1 and sp2 coming out shortly I would like to add some more of my unused space to it. What programs do people use for vista on this? Thanks.

this can be done by using the extended volume feature of the windows vista disk management service for this follow the steps mentioned below:

right click on computer icon then select manage from there......

then click on the storages devices option n then click on disk management utility then it will shows all the partition of your hard disk there then right click on your 400GB free space partition click on shrink volume then extract the required disk space from there then click on the winodws vista's partition and then right click on it and select extend partition and add the extracted space then all it done your drive is resized in few simple steps....

note:- you must back up your data before trying this as if not followed properly you ma loss your stored data...