Automating text-mode phase

hi

i've made an unattended.txt file to automate the setup using winnt32.exe .

i wanted to automate the drive selection part of the text-mode setup.

i've set the autopartition=1 and removed filesystem=* from my unattended.txt file.

also i tested the " winnt32.exe /syspart:c: /tempdrive:c: " but still it wants me to choose the drive to install.

is there any other way to automate it ?

how come whenever i ask a question no one answers me ? i asked another question 16 days ago but no one answered, even one "word" !

are they really impossible, or should i invite other users to answer me ?

i'm not familiar with the rules around here, please help me !

Edited by lordsepid

how come whenever i ask a question no one answers me ?

In this case I suspect that you've just not been sufficiently patient - you only

asked earlier today.

Having had unaswered questions before, I can assure you that you are not alone.

It doesn't mean no-one cares, it probably means no-one knows the answer.

In fact, in this case, I don't know the answer. I'm mostly replying to say that the idea

of a CD/DVD that you just insert and it goes off and wipes a specific partition and starts

an install is just a little scary.

A while back someone I know wanted to read his Ee PC docs on his laptop. He popped in

the CD, powered up the laptop and got in touch when he realised that he now had a

laptop running Linux ...

So do be careful about what you ask for ...

-- deadbug

thanks deadbug ;)

i was thinkin' how lonely i am till you answered :D .

the reason i can't wait for the answer is that i really need it "emergency".

your right about the risk of this method but i know what i'm doing, i have it under control B)

i will appreciate if you introduce me to someone pro who can help me.

thanks again.

I think I succeeded doing what you want when I tried launching XP setup from my live xp that partitioned XP almost :P automatically

I had created a BART PE disk with partition magic and then it started winnt32 I think. I'll try to get my backup disks back from I don't know where zone

I remembered where my dvd's are. They were at my ex-girlfriend's house. I don't talk to her anymore. Sorry.

Edited by leass_lp

You don't need 'syspart' switch. This confuses winnt32.

Use this:

@echo off

echo winnt51 setup

n:\wnt51sp2\i386\winnt32.exe /s:n:\wnt51sp2\i386 /tempdrive:h: /unattend:P:\NTBOOT\unattend.txt /noreboot

You will need to localise it to your taste, but it is like it shows here.

/syspart: is only used if you are moving the hard disk to a different machine after initial install is done (for example, preparing a hard drive for a laptop on a main box, so that the hard drive can be relocated on reboot.

Watch out for "migrate.inf", which sets the drive letters in the process.

W

thanks os2fan2 for your help but the /tempdrive cannot force setup not to ask "where to install ?", i tried it before.

but i solved this problem with /makelocalsource and it's working perfect, except for running WPI.

if i find a way to load wpi in the first login before desktop loads, that will be finished. the tools they gave for loading wpi are not working with this method.

i'm working on it.

i will let you know if i find the way, and i will appreciate if someone help me to solve this.

B)