Windows 7 Beta + WAIK 7

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7...a-download.aspx

Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows 7 Beta)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 R2 SP3 • Windows Vista family • Windows Server 2008 family • Windows 7 family • Windows Server 2008 R2 family

Edited by maxXPsoft

My xml all I done was remove <servicing> cause got an error there will look at later and plug in 7 key and it all worked. Like this new 7, seems much better than Vista

How did you get setup to not show the product key page?

As of now I have two xml files (Autounattend.xml and Unattend.xml), I enter the product key in the WindowsPE phase, and two times in de Specialize phase (both files) and it just doesn't work. Any ideas?

for Windows7 use DISM to mount the Image!
Thanks I'll look at it but the old imagex does still work also and faster than the new one

@ChimeraDev

2 xmls you are trying to do Audit passes?

That I don't have working yet but with single FULL xml I checked with WAIK 7. I placed on floppy but you can put on floppy/usb/%DVDroot% I had a near flawless UA installion and didn't ask for key :whistle:

for Windows7 use DISM to mount the Image!

No need for DISM to mount, all other things... yes needs DISM

How did you get setup to not show the product key page?

Put the default windows 7 key in the XML

Edited by sp00f

Okay guys, something really weird is going on here... I somehow created an Autounattend.xml which works quite well (accept for the fact that I have to use SkipMachineOOBE), but when I change only one tiny thing (description+path from 1 application; new version) the oobeSystem doesn't run anymore...

At first I thought it has something to do with the way UltraEdit saves the file (because I rather edit one little application without installing the full AIK), but now I edited it with the use of the WSIM (remember, only 2 or 3 characters) and the oobeSystem still skips :/

Anybody has an explanation for this weird behavior?

• 1 month later...

@Max

Glad to see you're still working on VistaUA (7). It's one of my favorite pieces of software...

Looking to add my 2 cents in this particular forum. I just found out it exists! :blushing:

Anyone tried implementing Themes yet?

AND has anyone deleted all files from sources with *.WIM exception?

Edited by razormoon

• 2 weeks later...

ty Spoof.

Playing with DISM now. Pretty powerful stuff. Too bad there are no docs on it that I can find...especially when it possesses an excruciatingly granular command line.

Found this from muiz

http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4939

Not having luck with the driver integration (hit and miss), it does mount/unmount at a good speed though.

BTW, tested removing everything but the *.wims from sources on VM.

Seems to WANT to work, but keeps looking for HDD drivers (?). Skipping that road for now. On the flip, I did extract Win7 Ultimate image and injected my own security templates/files (for built-in *renamed* Administrator account) and NTUSER.DATs in Users\Default. Works like a charm.

SOURCES\$OEM$\$$\SETUP\SCRIPTS\SETUPCOMPLETE.CMD working

SOURCES\$OEM$\$$\WEB is also working (desktop images)

SOURCES\$OEM$\$Docs\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Whateverfolder also working.

Woohoo

Edited by razormoon

remeber that because this is beta there is still verification code running, integrity checks might take a little longer. If it prevent corruption in my WIMs i'll take the extra 10 seconds :)

Razor moon have you looked at moving from the $oem$ structure to a datawim? something to look into as i am sure $oem$ won't be around forever