Help with shell32.dll.

SU1010

Hi guys,

I replaced all the icons, the avi animations and toolbar graphics in my shell32.dll file with new ones, mostly taken from Vista's shell32.dll. Everything is working just fine, got new icons, new toolbars and animations. However, in the start panel (right side) the icons of My Computer, My Pictures and My Documents are still unchanged. For some reason it shows the old ones. When I go to My Computer the same icons (My Documents and My Picture) show old there too. When I open the shell32.dll in Reshacker it shows that those icons were changed to new ones. I can't figure out why only these three icons show old in start menu and My Computer window.

I already refreshed the icon cache and rebooted a couple of times but it didn't help. Any other ideas? I have Windows XP Pro with SP3.

Thank you for your time.

• 2 weeks later...

:thumbup

Hi guys,

I replaced all the icons, the avi animations and toolbar graphics in my shell32.dll file with new ones, mostly taken from Vista's shell32.dll. Everything is working just fine, got new icons, new toolbars and animations. However, in the start panel (right side) the icons of My Computer, My Pictures and My Documents are still unchanged. For some reason it shows the old ones. When I go to My Computer the same icons (My Documents and My Picture) show old there too. When I open the shell32.dll in Reshacker it shows that those icons were changed to new ones. I can't figure out why only these three icons show old in start menu and My Computer window.

I already refreshed the icon cache and rebooted a couple of times but it didn't help. Any other ideas? I have Windows XP Pro with SP3.

Thank you for your time.

:thumbup Hi but you have to do this c:/documents & settings/your name folder/local settings/applications data/icon cache delete [icon cache],log off and on.

:yes: Now you have to hack this explorer and mydocs.dll,i hope this help.

:thumbup Hi but you have to do this c:/documents & settings/your name folder/local settings/applications data/icon cache delete [icon cache],log off and on.

:yes: Now you have to hack this explorer and mydocs.dll,i hope this help.

Thanks for replying. I couldn't sleep the day I posted the above question so I was messing around with it and an hour later I figured it out (that would be two weeks ago). Since then I was busy so I forgot to post back that I got it working. I remembered this thread today and logged on just to post that my problem got solved and I saw your reply. But thanks anyway... and welcome to the forum.

Edited by SU1010