Extreme Windows XP SP3 post integration

Hello all,

Take a look here:

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6438

It's an awesome integrator pack, which includes almost ALL the updates to Windows XP SP3 (includes WMP11, IE 7, Direct X, etc.)

I was just wondering that why is this pack not added as a sticky to the forum??? If you guys just do it, say bye bye to IE7 and WMP11 integration issues.

Well, it is the best possible automatic integrator that a human can ever have, and it needs no manual work to be done.

Here is the optimal configuration/requirement for the integration:

1. Windows XP Service Pack 3 (pre-integrated)

2. Onepiece's EN-US Windows XP Post-SP3 All-in-One Update Pack

3. DotNetFx_All_In_1_Addon (optional) ( http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5657 )

Use Ryan Integrator v1.5.4 beta 8 for best results.

Tested and works like a charm! :yes:

(A request to the moderators/administrator, please the update pack as a sticky to the forum, no harm!)

Edited by xpsunny

Not only has Ryan, a one time member and contributor here, got his own very well advertised site. His own and his members projects have a perfectly good platform where they are.

What you need to understand is that we don't all want someone elses idea of what to include, which tweaks are right or to take the lazy option letting someone effectively do it all for us.

The joy of this stuff for me is the finding out, learning, experimenting and honing of ideas in order to achieve exactly what I want, not take what someone else has decided upon and try tyhe best I can to to alter that to suit!

Different approaches for different people. :)

• 7 months later...

They are addons that can be used with nLite or Ryan's integrator.

And I agree with Yzöwl. I prefer doing things myself.

Edited by -X-

For ppl that want's direct-integration, and want's exactly the components/changes that an update-pack includes, then i think that it's a very nice option to have, since doing it yourself, when another pack author allready does it too, is pretty much reinventing the wheel IMHO. Of course if one cannot find such a pack that suits one perfectly, then it's another story...

I myself use xable´s XP SP3 pack, since it only includes high-priority updates with binaries from the GDR branch, and no tweaks, changes or anything else...

I fully understand that ppl wants to do their own thing, but also keep in mind that for most ppl, then what they're doing is not the same as what the update-pack authors are doing i.e. directly integrating updates...

Also downloading from msft and integrating the updates with nLite/hfslip/integrate switch, is also not doing it "yourself", as that's nLite/hfslip/msft doing all the "hard" work for you...

Btw, when integrating msft downloaded XP updates through nLite or hfslip, then the QFE branch is used, whereas if installing them manually on a freshly installed system, then the GDR branch would have been used instead...

Edited by Martin H

The joy of this stuff for me is the finding out, learning, experimenting and honing of ideas in order to achieve exactly what I want, not take what someone else has decided upon and try tyhe best I can to to alter that to suit!

Also downloading from msft and integrating the updates with nLite/hfslip/integrate switch, is also not doing it "yourself", as that's nLite/hfslip/msft doing all the "hard" work for you...

If I had used any of the above programs to learn how to do a UA install, I would not learned how write scripts and applications.