IE 7 on sp3: help me mates, i can not install it

otyk

:rolleyes:

hi all mates, i have format my drive, now i reinstall my sw, but, since a while i've been trying to install ie 7 but always return to me an error, that can not install.

i read about subinacl.msi, in fact, i made the whole thing but still, i can't install.

what can be my problem?

is there a special service on xp that could allow me to install ie7?

Hi There! I am no computer whiz :blushing: & am actually in this forum looking for answers on something Im having an issue with but I happen to have seen you're question & I just went through this same thing. I think...First, what is the error that you are getting when it comes up that the installation cant complete?? that would be helpful info to give....but again, I dont know if you are having the same problem as I was but I had gone from IE7 to IE8 & did the Service Pack 3 upgrade on the same day, but after a few days I hated the IE8 with all the issues, so I removed it, & then I couldnt go back to or reinstall IE7 either. It wouldnt install...but finally after reading Windows help area, I went & removed the Service Pack 3 with the Windows Installer in the "Add Remove Programs", along with any IE edition & then I installed IE7 first, ...& it completed, & then I went to Windows & did the Service Pack 3 upgrade again & it all worked for me. So,...you may want to try removing the SP3 that you already loaded & make sure any IE is removed & then install the IE7 first & then reinstall the SP3....It might not hurt to try it...but again...I really am no computer whiz by any means this is just what worked for me, but I thought Id share my experience & info in hopes that maybe it will help a little. I have an IE7 download link too if you need it. Just also remember that If you are going to totally remove any IE program to be sure to save an IE7 downlaod to you're desktop or to a flashdrive so you have to install when you have no browser or internet connection.

** Also...have you gone to www.support.microsoft.com. You can find alot of good info there by typing in the error you're having into their "search their site" area or you can email Microsoft directly for assistance if needed.

Anyway, hope you get it fixed. Sorry that I dont have more of a definite resolution for you but I didnt want you left with no response at all & hope the people here dont leave my issue / post with no response!! :}

Good Luck!!

Cj

Can you post your ie7.log thats in your WINDOWS directory?

BTW you may want to try this:

1- Open REGEDIT

2- Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{34A715A0-6587-11D0-924A-0020AFC7AC4D}

3- Right click on it and choose "Permissions..."

4- Put a checkmark in "Full Control" -> "Allow" for ADMINISTRATORS or Everyone

5- Now try to reinstall IE7

Edited by ricktendo64

I have run into the same problem before, it took me days but I found the problem...it was this reg key it was not letting one overwrite it causing the IE7/8 installer to fail

I will be able to tell for sure when he posts his ie#.log file

Edited by ricktendo64

• 2 weeks later...

okay okay!

first of all

thanks to all for anserwing..

first: @ LadyCore: I don't know what this hapened...i thought it was for the sp3 upgrade..but the fact is that now (January 29)i'm using sp2, and still could not install Ie 7, it's not unattended, and other disc it's unattended..in both cases i can't install..

@ricktendo64, wel...i don't have the log right here...but i'll try to take a pic, or save the log and i'll paste it ..

@Kelsenellenelvian: one CD is unattended with nlite options..

the other one is a normal installation..

• 1 month later...
1- Open REGEDIT

Yep I knew it, same problem was pestering me when trying to upgrade to ie8

Or, you could try this 3-step procedure:

1. Un-install Adobe Reader 9.x
  2. Install IE 7 / IE 8
  3. Re-install Adobe Reader 9.x

1- Open REGEDIT

Yep I knew it, same problem was pestering me when trying to upgrade to ie8

Or, you could try this 3-step procedure:

1. Un-install Adobe Reader 9.x
  2. Install IE 7 / IE 8
  3. Re-install Adobe Reader 9.x

okay

first of all thanks for reading..

and, i have no instlled programs..

once finished the OD install i try to install ie7

and there's where i get the error

i have no adobe reader..

so, i guess that solution won't help me..

• 4 weeks later...
The line ending "HRESULT:0x80040154" in your attached log means "CLASS_NOT_REGISTERED".

Is this an nLited install?

no.

it's not, i'm trying to installing with the exe file