Windows 7 Build 7000 not "seeing" other computers on the net

redder

I've been trying to figure this out since yesterday, my Windows 7 machine is able to connect to the internet, but not able to see any other computers on the network. It cant ping any of the others by IP or name.

I have a router with 3 wireless clients (myself included) and two wired (computer and Xbox360).

However, the other clients can see my Win7 machine, I was able to ping it from a wireless laptop running XP and also access the shared folder from the Win7 machine.

After scratching my head for a little bit, had a drink of coke, scratched a lil bit more and turned off FW and still have the same situation, I don't have anything installed on it yet, its pretty much a clean install.

Anyone with the same problem? Any ideas on how I could solve it?

Well, I downloaded the update and tried to install it on all the XP machines, but I get an error due to having SP3 on the XP machines, it says the pack is newer than the update so it refuses to install it. Is this update already in SP3?

If so then I guess the problem persists, I have been messing with the settings so much that I am going to reinstall Win7 just to get the default settings back and retry once more.

Clean install, and same problem. Again I can access and ping from another XP machine, but can't even see the other computers from Win7. However it does detect Xbox 360 on the "Full network map" showing and it gives me the acurate IP for it but still I can't ping it, it times out. I absolutely couldn't find anything on google about this.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump this topic but...

Does the Hotfix work for SP3 machines? I've downloaded both the v5 (sp2) and v6 (sp3). Have XP SP3 (wired) + Win 7 (USB wireless) on Westell Versalink 7500 which I believe I have set up properly on both machines; same symptoms.

The reason for the bump is that it's not listed as "resolved". Guess I could just try it. :unsure: