Windows 7 error (but works?)

Chadi

I used vlite yesterday and got the Windows 7 Beta down to 1.25GB in size. It installed from USB succesffully

to my Aspire One netbook (150), 8GB SSD model.

I decided to use vlite one more time to shrink the size even further, got it down to 1.08GB (from previous 1.25GB).

This time I used Business version instead of Ultimate.

Now I get this error during install:

windows could not collect information for [osimage] since the specified image file [install.wim] does not exist

The install.wim file is in fact there, nearly 1GB in size.

Would appreciate help on this.

Also, how do I delete the previous sessions from the drop down list on the start area in vlite?

Edited by Chadi

This is crazy. I tried again but this time Home Premium with unattended OFF

This time, I get an error that says

the product key entered does not match any of the windows images available for installation. Enter a different product key.

However, I never get any prompt to do just that! I click install, get that error, click ok and back to install button again.

Ok but I made clear in my last 2 posts that this time I left manual setup enabled and unattended off.

I'm still getting the same error about the license

Even creating from a new iso/bootable usb from scratch too.

I tried again with Ultimate and obviously manual setup and unattended as I've said twice before.

2 hours into the install it failed with an error stating one of the system components could not be installed.

This vlite thing is buggy

edit: I even had errors trying XP sp3 telling me missing or corrupt hal.dll file

Edited by Chadi

Guest ‡*¶‡�õ�

So your using Vlite with a BETA OS for which it wasnt even designed to be used on and Vlite's buggy?

:whistle:

So your using Vlite with a BETA OS for which it wasnt even designed to be used on and Vlite's buggy?

:whistle:

You're a fool. Don't waste anyone's time here if you have nothing but sarcasm to share.

W7 installed perfectly fine on two laptops as has XP SP3. Its not a coincidence vlite is causing

issues with both o/s on this laptop now. Don't tell me crap that the o/s is beta because it installed

perfectly fine on two other o/s that did not need vlite.

whistling.gif

You're a fool. Don't waste anyone's time here if you have nothing but sarcasm to share.

W7 installed perfectly fine on two laptops as has XP SP3. Its not a coincidence vlite is causing

issues with both o/s on this laptop now. Don't tell me crap that the o/s is beta because it installed

perfectly fine on two other o/s that did not need vlite.

Chadi, first read the forum rule 7.b here.

Second, the guy you offended is absolutely right. vLite is not designed for Win 7, Win 7 is still in beta stage, and no one will create vLite similar tool for it until it goes to RTM. So, don't expect some big support for Win 7.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

So tell me:

How much did you pay for vLite?

How much did you pay for windows7?

WHAT you paid NOTHING?

WOW and you have the nerve to complain that an application that WAS NOT made for windows7 DOES NOT work right on it.

OMG we will refund 3x your money right away.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

So tell me:

How much did you pay for vLite?

How much did you pay for windows7?

WHAT you paid NOTHING?

WOW and you have the nerve to complain that an application that WAS NOT made for windows7 DOES NOT work right on it.

OMG we will refund 3x your money right away.

Go ahead, pop a vessel in your head. Keep stressing about it :) "like, omg!!"

Go ahead, pop a vessel in your head. Keep stressing about it :) "like, omg!!"

Statements like that might be kosher on other forums, but not here. You are obviously not capable of being even somewhat polite on the forums or following the rules, even though the answers received were indeed correct. Banned.