Windows 7 for Aspire One Netbook?

Chadi

I just found out about vlite, but first I'll just copy/paste something from a blog regarding installing Windows 7 from bootable USB.

This is not working for me at all. I was one hour into the install on my Aspire One (SSD 8GB version), after its 2nd reboot

it tells me that it is not compatible with the hardware??? Then I rebooted again, it now tells me “windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer, restart the installation”

What’s going on? I’m running the official W7 Beta 7000 build on my Aspire One 8GB SSD version.

I’m running 8GB SSD w/ 1GB Memory. The o/s (W7) does not require 15GB space. Its only 2.5GB in size (ISO) and during setup, says it is “recommends” 8.5GB in space.

I tried again with 8GB SD card inside, booted off USB (as yesterday). The SD card itself apparently was not recognize as a drive to install to during setup. Only the SSD itself.

Any ideas of getting this Windows 7 (32bit) to install with or without the need for vlite?

I decided to use vlite after all. I got the ISO from the original 2.5 down 50% to 1.25GB. I'm installing now using that vlite iso version. I hope it will complete. It should since its half the size after all.