Problems creating install DVD from iso download

ExTruckie

:hello: I seem to be having a bit of trouble getting the iso file I downloaded of Win 7 to burn and install correctly.

First I got this message: Windows could not collect information for [OSImage], since the specified image file [install.wim] does not exist.

So I reburned the dvd and now when I try to install from it at boot up, it just skips the dvd and boots into XP. I have the bios set for cd first and my XP install disk works properly.

I have tried to make it like I did my XP unattended dvd without any success.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I would be regarded a novice at all this stuff but I find ImgBurn very easy to use and very reliable. The only problem I encountered was when I downloaded W7 at work and copied to USB stick to take home - I forgot about the encryption. Doh.

Regards,

Mike

Well Actually I used ImgBurn to attempt to burn my dvd. After I posted I succeeded in burning an install dvd.

However I ran into a slight snag. Windows7 beta did install but after it did I no longer could connect to the Internet. I believe the install disabled my nic. I ended up removing windows7 and doing a repair install of XP.

As you all can see I am now back online.

To answer the question of where I go the ISO I did get it on a torrent maybe ill try to get it from MS, but after what just happened I'm leary to try again.

Win7 doesn't "disable" NICs at all (in fact, it tries very, VERY hard to *enable* them during setup so it can run WU and get the latest patches, et.al., right away - one of the Win7 niceties that really make it stand out over XP and Vista). What NIC do you have, and what did device manager say about it? I've found that older NICs (especially older 3Com 9xx and really old Intel NICs don't work, nor do some of the older nVidia chipset NICs) either won't work at all, or need drivers (XP's usually work, although using a Vista driver is preferable of course) to be installed before you get internet access.

However, if it worked in Vista out of the box, in general it will work in Win7 as well (Vista didn't work with older 3Com and Intel NICs either, I remember that outcry back in 2006).

:hello: I seem to be having a bit of trouble getting the iso file I downloaded of Win 7 to burn and install correctly.

First I got this message: Windows could not collect information for [OSImage], since the specified image file [install.wim] does not exist.

So I reburned the dvd and now when I try to install from it at boot up, it just skips the dvd and boots into XP. I have the bios set for cd first and my XP install disk works properly.

I have tried to make it like I did my XP unattended dvd without any success.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ashampoo Burning Studio 7->Win 7 ->dvdDisk .

problem was , but I press k Space long usual..... as we got accustomed XP ....

press Space press Space press Space ....dvdDisk boot :rolleyes:

Edited by Santey

I guess I will try to get the beta from MS and try again. It was weird how right after I installed the beta I lost my connectivity. I did not have this issue with the prerelease build. so I guess I got me a bad copy. Thanks