WAIK; can I delete it after moving dll?

XP_NO

I followed the description as at http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=127712 because I am using XP professional on the computer I am using to make my cd's.

Is it possible to remove WAIK after I copied the dll to the vlite folder or are other files also needed?

I am asking becasue WAIK is more then 1Gb which is an awfull lot of space....

Edit; tried it but unfortunately vLite is starting up with the message to download waik.

Edited by XP_NO

Copy the following files to the following locations (assuming you have vlite installed to the Program Files directory.)

%ProgramFiles%\vLite\wimgapi.dll

%ProgramFiles%\vLite\wimfltr\x86\wimfltr.inf

%ProgramFiles%\vLite\wimfltr\x86\wimfltr.sys

The files should be in %ProgramFiles%\Windows Imaging. (That will be x64 if you are using 64bit.)

If you plan on using the WAIK tools (pkgmgr, dism) to preinstall packages you may need to keep WAIK installed (Image Manager doesn't seem to regenerate catalog files without it installed) . However, if you aren't making custom WinPE images, you can get rid of the PETools folder, which is >90% of the installation size.

• 2 weeks later...
Copy the following files to the following locations (assuming you have vlite installed to the Program Files directory.)

The files should be in %ProgramFiles%\Windows Imaging. (That will be x64 if you are using 64bit.)

If you plan on using the WAIK tools (pkgmgr, dism) to preinstall packages you may need to keep WAIK installed (Image Manager doesn't seem to regenerate catalog files without it installed) . However, if you aren't making custom WinPE images, you can get rid of the PETools folder, which is >90% of the installation size.

What about 32 bit? seeing I am trying to avoid having WAIK installed seeing it is 1.3gb on my system

So where would those 2 files go? Thanks

What about 32 bit? seeing I am trying to avoid having WAIK installed seeing it is 1.3gb on my system

So where would those 2 files go? Thanks

%ProgramFiles%\vLite\wimfltr\x64\wimfltr.inf

%ProgramFiles%\vLite\wimfltr\x64\wimfltr.sys

Like I said, install WAIK and delete the PETools folder and it'll only take up about 25MB.