Please include this theme in xpize 5!

TedJBrown

I don't think they should include any third party themes. An official one or two maybe. But if they put in thrid party themes then they have to support them too.. (Which means they get to listen to the complianing and whining if anybody does't like the theme or wants it in another color, crap like that)

Plus most want less not more. You can always get the theme made into an addon (If not already made) or make a sfx for the theme and include it in cmdlines.txt....

That visual style is an average partial implementation of the Win7 style on Windows XP, it really isn't anything special. I'll remind you that the objective of xpize is to make Windows XP more like XP (which is why it gets rid of the Vista-style icons in mstsc.exe 6.0 for example) which is why I'm not interested in including it.

Edited by W3bbo

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think they should include any third party themes. An official one or two maybe. But if they put in thrid party themes then they have to support them too.. (Which means they get to listen to the complianing and whining if anybody does't like the theme or wants it in another color, crap like that)

Plus most want less not more. You can always get the theme made into an addon (If not already made) or make a sfx for the theme and include it in cmdlines.txt....

TedJBrown, IMPOSSIBLE. and I will be the first to complain as Kelsenellenelvian said. :whistle:

Firstly, I think that theme is absolutely ugly. Secondly, do you think that how many 3rd party non-official themes on the internet? Do you mean that all of them are included in xpize5? Why does the team choose the one you suggest? Ridiculous.

Lastly, if you want your machine looks like Windows 7, make it by yourself ONLY.

That's it. :whistle:

Edited by tkrojam

That visual style is an average partial implementation of the Win7 style on Windows XP, it really isn't anything special. I'll remind you that the objective of xpize is to make Windows XP more like XP (which is why it gets rid of the Vista-style icons in mstsc.exe 6.0 for example) which is why I'm not interested in including it.

I DO REALLY appreciate the words "to make Windows XP more like XP" as the aim of making xpize, asked team leader, W3bbo. It 100% squeezes the soul of xpize4. Now, I am really looking forward to seeing the xpize5... :rolleyes: