Foxconn motherboard issues

joe43wv

I purchased 6 foxconn g9657 motherboards with Intel E7300 Core 2 Duo CPU's. I am building six systems for a guy so this is drastic. I hooked everything up and when I booted the system up all the system fans kick on, but no picture. I've tried everything, removing drive connections, changed RAM, removed RAM, I even had nothing plugged into the motherboard but power and the powerswitch. I've tried this on all 6 motherboards and nothing works. I even messed with the BIOS jumper and still no luck. Any idea on what the problem could be?

From foxconn's support page: "Features of Foxconn G9657MA-8KS2H MotherboardNotice: Only DDR2-800 Mem. supp.ing JEDEC approved 1.8V operation with timings of 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 is Supp. on Intel Desktop Boards based on Intel 965 Express Chipsets."

That's definitely a possibility. The processors are fairly new, while the 965 chipset is a few years old. Unless you've updated to the latest BIOS, there's no way of telling. See if you can find an old E2100 series CPU and use that on each board to update the BIOS (there's a floppy tool available from Foxconn).

Thanks Zxian. I went online today and requested a refund for those boards and ordered these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813186145

I'll try that though. I think I got an old CPU layin around. Actually, I might have one still in the box. I'll check and see. Do you think that motherboard will work?

Edited by joe43wv