Logged in as administrator but still unable to change some settings

Octopuss

I am probably missing something, but Vista is still a bit new to me.

Under this computer-properties-advanced (or whatever is it called in english version), I cannot access the system startup and recovery (translation again :P). It gives me an error message about not being logged in as a user with sufficient rights. What the hell, I can't go more admin than local admin!!

The local admin account can still be blocked based on a couple of factors. Those are: Local Group Policy, Domain Group Policy, Local Ownership rights, NTFS permissions, inherited group permissions, file use restrictions.

As for which it could be, you'll need to post additional information. Try these questions to start:

1. Are you on a domain, workgroup (LAN) or stand-alone?

2. Is the local admin user created after installation (aka not the default Administrator account)?

3. Is the local admin account a member of any other groups besides Administrators?

4. Are there any other local users?

5. What distribution of Vista are you using?

I just tried on a system here, and I have no problems accessing this option. Although, I am running Vista in the Audit pass.

There is an easier way to get to it is Computer Properties, Advanced tab.

What do you mean? Right mouse doesn't do anything in there.

This computer - properties - and in there I am supposed to r-click on the advanced tab? That is what you mean?

sorry i thought that it was not posted because last nite my internet connection wiered me some topics got posted twice. what i want to say is that it shows the warning but the setting are changed from there no special preveligies required.....just make the changes and then restart your machine the changed settings got applied..