Unsigned drivers

Octopuss

There are certain drivers that just aren't signed. Well, why not.

I installed x64 Vista yesterday and during the process, keyboard and mouse repeatedly stopped working for short periods of time (is that normal?). At some point I got prompted about unsigned driver, BUT the **** keyb&mouse weren't working at that time. I ended up stucked and had to reinstall XP and recreate the Vista disc... :(

Any solution to this?

• 2 weeks later...

Getting drivers signed is a very expensive process that some manufacturers just can't afford or won't pay for.

Personally I would skip the keyboard and mouse drivers and do them post install.

Yes it is normal for devices to stop working during setup as windows checks the devices and install drivers for them or configures them.

Hope this makes sense to you.

What keyboard and mouse set do you have?

Uh, what mouse and keyboard drivers?? I am not installing any keyboard or mose. I am installing CHIPSET drivers, and apparently because the generic USB drivers are being installed around the time tis kicks in, I can't click on the unsigned driver warning, effectivelly ending in dead end. I need to know if it;s possible to edit something somewhere to force the **** Vista installation to bypass these checks and just install the stupid drivers.

You never said what drivers you where installing you just said the keyboard and mouse wouldn't respond.

I have spent the last 30 minutes searching online and CANNOT find a way to disable the driver signing check pre-install...

Maybe write your CHIPSET manufacturer and ask when they plan on releasing 64bit drivers.

If you have 64-bit drivers which are not digitally signed, just before Windows loads, start pressing F8. When advanced menu appears choose "Disable Driver

Signature Enforcement". Now try to install drivers. If this works, you will probably have to repeat this step every time you start Windows in order to get your drivers to work.

Cheers ;)

You simply can't integrate drivers which are not digitally signed. Install your Vista (without integrated drivers), and then do what I suggested in my previous post and then install your drivers.

Cheers ;)

Im unsure how this works(or doesent) in x64 version,but on x86 you can integrate both signed and unsigned drivers.You still get a promt to install the unsigned drivers during install(no workaround for it sorry).When it comes to x64 version yüu should be able to integrate both signed and unsigned.Difference is that you still get the promt for each unsigned driver and plus you have to disable driver signature enforcement via F8 @boot.In everyday use i suggest using Readydriver Plus to avoid pressing F8 each boot.Hope this helps...