How to share a Mac formatted drive in vista?

Woomera

i have an external drive with 3 main partion's, 2 are NTFS formatted and one Mac OS Extended for backing up my macbook.the problem is that i dont want to un-plug the drive from the pc and plug it again to the macbook everytime i wanna make a backup. is there anyway i can share the mac os formatted drive so it can be used by the laptop?

thanks alot for your replies, it seems like my only option is using third-paty software's like Drivemac which are just stand-alone explorer's and wont apply any changes to windows explorer so i wont be able to share the drive in first place.

if anyone knows a way to share the mac formatted drive on windows!?

EDIT: Nevermind. I reread what you want to do - it looks like you want to plug your external drive into your Windows machine but create a network share for your Mac to access the Mac partition.

I don't know of a way to do this through Windows, and I'm just brainstorming here, but it sounds like network attached storage may be your solution. Either with the external drive connected directly to your network if it's set up to be a standalone NAS drive, or connected to the network through a dedicated box (an old computer running some simple form of Linux) with sharing enabled between the Mac and the dedicated box. You could also then enable sharing between the NTFS partitions and your Windows PC. Like I said, just brainstorming...

Edited by jrf2027

EDIT: Nevermind. I reread what you want to do - it looks like you want to plug your external drive into your Windows machine but create a network share for your Mac to access the Mac partition.

I don't know of a way to do this through Windows, and I'm just brainstorming here, but it sounds like network attached storage may be your solution. Either with the external drive connected directly to your network if it's set up to be a standalone NAS drive, or connected to the network through a dedicated box (an old computer running some simple form of Linux) with sharing enabled between the Mac and the dedicated box. You could also then enable sharing between the NTFS partitions and your Windows PC. Like I said, just brainstorming...

yep that seems to be the only solution... tnx