XML editor

flarn2006

I'm looking for a free (as in beer) XML editor. But I do have a few criteria:

• It has to be lightweight. That is, it should start about as quickly as it does when you start Wordpad.
  • I would like it if it uses Windows Classic-style icons and toolbar buttons, again, like Wordpad.
  • It should display a tree view which lists elements and their attributes.
  • Preferably not written in Delphi or Visual Basic.
  • Preferably not a .NET application.
  • It would be useful if I could add items by using the tree view, as opposed to only being able to edit the code. You should, however, be able to edit the code if you want to.

If any of you know of or can find an XML editor like this, I would greatly appreciate if you could tell me and give me a link. Thanks!

I use Microsoft's XML Notepad 2007, but my usage is very lightweight / rare. I also searched according to similar criteria as yours, but didn't find anything (I didn't bother too much - I use it very seldom). :hello:

GL

I tried that too, but for one it takes too long to start, and it probably uses .NET. And it doesn't have Classic toolbars either.

I very much doubt you'll find anything. There just aren't many *good* XML editors out there in the first place. And most of them are commercial.

Now, not only you want a good one, but it has to be free (you basically threw away almost all of them already), can't be written in delphi/vb/any .net language (and probably not java either) for some reason, making that already very short even shorter, and on top of that, it has to be very lightweight, and have a certain look too...

Edited by crahak

I very much doubt you'll find anything. There just aren't many *good* XML editors out there in the first place. And most of them are commercial.

Now, not only you want a good one, but it has to be free (you basically threw away almost all of them already), can't be written in delphi/vb/any .net language (and probably not java either) for some reason, making that already very short even shorter, and on top of that, it has to be very lightweight, and have a certain look too...

I know, I'm picky. :rolleyes:

Edited by flarn2006