if I plug usb keyboard and mouse windows prompt me

ZEUS__

hello,

I couldn't find any answer but I read on a few forums and topics n-lite cause this..what should we to beaware this problem..I install xp with ps/2 keyboard or mouse but after installation if I plug any usb mouse or keyboard it prompts me about new hardware found and click next...

please help me, I'm confused about this problem..I use 1.4.9.1 the latest version of n-lite..

Edited by ZEUS__

ZEUS__, I'm confused, too. Are you plugging your mouse and keyboard in while your system is powered up? I don't know what is the problem with the found new hardware pop-up. Please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Enjoy, John.

hi,

I use always a fresh source..and make it only one time in a one session..

here is my last_session

[Main]

Env = 1.4.9.1 - 2.0.50727.1433.Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

Target = Windows XP Professional SP3 - 5.1.2600.5512 - Turkish

[Tasks]

Remove Components

Unattended Setup

Tweaks

Create a Bootable ISO

Options

[Components]

;# Çoklu Ortam #

Örnek Müzikler

;# Diller #

;Japanese

Japanese

;Korean

Korean

;Simplified Chinese

Chinese (PRC)

Chinese (Singapore)

;Thai

Farsi

Thai

;Traditional Chinese

Chinese (Hong Kong S.A.R.)

Chinese (Macau S.A.R.)

Chinese (Taiwan)

;# Işletim Sistemi Seçenekleri #

Tur

;# Uyumluluk #

Compat01

Compat02

Compat03

Compat04

Compat06

Compat07

Compat08

Compat09

Compat11

Compat13

Compat14

Compat15

Compat16

[KeepFiles]

msconfig.exe

[RemoveFiles]

clock.avi

yahoo.bmp

swtchbrd.bmp

[Options]

ProfilesDir = "%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings"

TargetPath = "WINDOWS"

temp_dir = %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp

AdvTweaks

CDPromptRemove

[Patches]

TcpIp = 50

DoUxTheme

DoSFC

[services2]

[Tweaks]

[unattended]

UnattendMode = 1

ComputerType = Otomatik

AutoLogon = user

OOBEOff

MaximumDataStorePercentOfDisk = 12

RestorePointLife = 30

DesktopTheme = Media Center style|Royale|Normal size

AutoUpdates = 4

AutoUDay = 5

AutoUHour = 15

ProgFilesPath = "\Program Files"

[DesktopThemes]

C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\royale.theme

C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Windows Classic.theme

C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Zune.Theme

C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Luna\luna.msstyles

C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\royale_noir\luna.msstyles

[NetAdapter1]

connname = ""

macaddress = ""

ipaddress = "192.168.0.1"

subnetmask = "255.255.255.0"

defaultgateway = ""

dnsserver1 = ""

dnsserver2 = ""

winsserver = ""

netbiossetting = "0"

ipxnetworknumber = "00000000"

ipxnetworkframetype = "0xFF"

[NetAdapter2]

connname = ""

macaddress = ""

ipaddress = "192.168.0.2"

subnetmask = "255.255.255.0"

defaultgateway = ""

dnsserver1 = ""

dnsserver2 = ""

winsserver = ""

netbiossetting = "0"

ipxnetworknumber = "00000000"

ipxnetworkframetype = "0xFF"

[GuiRunOnce]

[Drivers]

[Hotfixes]

here is my steps that I open topic in here..

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=128418

I search with google somewhere an msfn..all the doors came up n-lite...

I have an non-SP windows xp professional cd..

I integrate SP3 with command to cd..

I delete by hand just components, dotnet win98 etc files..

I integrate my add-ons with rvm integrator..

with n-lite I just delete chinese, twain etc. 4 language that have too mb and make unattended, integrate theme..

and with driverpacks I integrate mass-storage drivers just..

I didn't make any regtweak, or services disable..just make it unattended, remove 4 language file, integrate themes,sfc patch, theme patch, remove windows tour and sample music..just these..

and no, I do not plugg my keyboard or mouse when installing windows..I read everywhere about this issue but there is no answer yet..:(

i thought about rvm's optimize system files option cause this, and driverpacks but not..

also I don't know what are these;

[RemoveFiles]

clock.avi

yahoo.bmp

swtchbrd.bmp

I do not remove anything related about clock or yahoo.bmp.

ZEUS__, I am still confused and don't understand what your problem is. Does your USB mouse/keyboard not work? Thanks for the Last Session but next time please attach (not paste). Did your mouse/keyboard come with drivers? If so, you should include them in the Driver section of nLite. I would think you should plug your mouse/keyboard and leave them plugged.

[RemoveFiles]

clock.avi

yahoo.bmp

swtchbrd.bmp

This comes from the Advanced button of the Components section of nLite. This is the default and most have no problems with it. Enjoy, John.

yeahh..unfortunately, not work..with my old cd I also integrated all driverpacks and it had said new hardware found etc..and first, I plugged ps/2 mouse and then I install usb mouse or keyboard..

and here is my new cd..it says when I plugged usb mouse "The driver installation file for this device is missing... inf file... for Windows 95 or later.."

so nonsense..everything is perfect..my source, my add-ons, even I carried my regtweaks to runonce..I try to learn about unattended xp..I made my multiboot dvd also B) :P ..I install my friends or family's pc with my unattended xp pro..they give their pc, and I install it for them..it's just a hobby..but when they go their home, they plugg their usb mouse or keybord and taaa taaaaa...they not work and prompt for new hardware found..

if they have a set of usb mouse and keyboard, they couldn't install their drivers..

but if they have a ps/2 keyboard, they might be install if they know the keyboard shortcut..

understand??sorry cause my bad english..

there is no problem on VMWare..if it is not solved, I will try it step by step on a real machine..I burn a cd after slipstream SP3, then I will install it..if it goes well..I integrate my add-ons and then again burn cd and install again xp..if it goes well again, I will remove and make unattended my cd with nlite, then burn a cd again, and install xp..aarrrgghhh...these are so bored..what a problem..

I think these will be the right steps.. :(

ZEUS__, there is no problem with VMware because it has its own virtual drivers and uses the host drivers for the real hardware. You need to include the mouse/keyboard drivers in nLite when you make an ISO. Enjoy, John.

but I want to learn why it happended and which steps cause this issue?with a normal xp cd there is no problem..but when I made it all these steps it happened..It's too hard to try and burn a cd and install on every steps..I want to learn whhich of steps cause this issue?

Ha, your lucky. When I try and use a USB mouse and keyboard on an XP install, it doesn't even work until I can get the drivers in. go to your mouse manufacturers website and download the latest drivers, then slipstream them into nLite.

Ha, your lucky. When I try and use a USB mouse and keyboard on an XP install, it doesn't even work until I can get the drivers in. go to your mouse manufacturers website and download the latest drivers, then slipstream them into nLite.

very well..if you couldn't use your usb mouse and keyboard, how you install drivers??with a ps/2..

it likes a bad joke..tomorrow if I go and buy new computer hardwares..also just usb mouse and keyboard..and salesman says me "hey..!!if you buy a usb set also you must buy a ps/2 set to install drivers of usb mouse and keyboard.." it's not a big deal..

or I will buy a new computer, think that it has installed a fresh xp with MS optical mouse and keyboard with cable..and I will buy a logitech usb mouse and keyboard sets..when I go home..I will install my new computer..and press to power on..and woilaaa..I will call the computer store and say.."hey..this mouse and keyboard not work.." and they will say "turn me on babyyy..I'll sell you a ps/2 set also.." :wacko: :wacko:

how a scenerio :wacko:

• 4 months later...

I have exactly the same problem as Zeus - slipstreamed XP pro standard withe latest nlite

Installed the operting system using temporary PS2 mouse. After everything was running rebooted the machine with usb mouse. When installing drivers get the same error message (normally a usb mouse installs with no intevention required and needs no special manufacturer drivers) "The driver installation file for this device is missing... inf file... for Windows 95 or later.."

Any advice as to how to prevent this happening with next nlite session and how to actually get this usb mouse to install on the existing XP installation would be really appreciated

1_INTEGRATE_WINXP_PRO_STD_SP2_PLUS_SP3_IE7_CU_200905.INI

Do not remove drivers and hardware support, it's not worthy.

;# Drivers #

IBM PS/2 TrackPoint

IBM ThinkPad

ISDN

Logitech WingMan

Microsoft SideWinder

Serial Pen Tablet

Sony Jog Dial

Tape drives

Toshiba DVD decoder card

;# Hardware Support #

Gravis Digital GamePort

Iomega Zip drive

Multi-port serial adapters

Ramdisk

Windows CE USB Host

I think it's caused by one of them.

Edited by mooms

Pirrie, I don't think this is your problem, but you need to remove the Tweak "Explorer-Launch folder windows in a separate process". This exposes a Windows bug. The only USB driver you have removed is the "Windows CE USB Host". So, put that back in and see if that helps. I am curious why you renamed all your Hot Fixes. Does IE7 work OK for you? Do you get any error messages from nLite (you should get none)? Please post a link to the web site for your USB mouse. Please post a screen shot of your 'inf missing' error message. Please attach your C:\WINDOWS\setuperr.log file (after install) if it is not empty. Are there any errors in your System Log after install? Enjoy, John.

No, some addons are only compatible with RVMi, i use it to integrate update pack + IE8 and after that i use nLite to add some twekas and addons and all is ok.

Do not remove drivers and hardware support, it's not worthy.

Thanks mooms- I will try that

Pirrie, I don't think this is your problem, but you need to remove the Tweak "Explorer-Launch folder windows in a separate process". This exposes a Windows bug. The only USB driver you have removed is the "Windows CE USB Host". So, put that back in and see if that helps. I am curious why you renamed all your Hot Fixes. Does IE7 work OK for you? Do you get any error messages from nLite (you should get none)? Please post a link to the web site for your USB mouse. Please post a screen shot of your 'inf missing' error message. Please attach your C:\WINDOWS\setuperr.log file (after install) if it is not empty. Are there any errors in your System Log after install? Enjoy, John.

Thanks johnhc, will try this too.

Whats wrong with the Tweak "Explorer-Launch folder windows in a separate process"??

Just renamed hotfixes to easier to read/understand name for incorporating in batch file which I can run if I have an existing installation that has a few outstanding hotfixes. IE7 works fine. In Feb I successfully integrated XP home using the same file names.

If I enabled Display reports under Hotfixes\Advanced then I got a warning for KB941569, KB946648, KB950760, KB938127-v2, KB954154, KB960715 Warning was something to the effect "Direct integration not possible, will integrate normally" sorry I cant get the exact wording. If the Display reports setting is left unchecked then I get no errors. I cant get access to the pc I originally had the problem on, at the moment to get error logs.

Will integrate a new cd with the above suggestions and post the results

Thanks a lot for the suggestions

Pierre