ClearType for Windows 98/Me

Tihiy

on the printed sheet all lines are black rectangles
aha.

Preview version 4

Same download link.

- ClearType is disabled for whole printing process

If you find major glitches within Word, please post evidences.

whatever420: That's a nice thing you've done. Although i could & intend to use ctras.dll independently, i can't do that now for test sake.

I can't advice using your archive. (7z? hardcoded strange paths? also, unnecessary entries)

The printing problem is not over. Printing TEXT message in FOXMAIL6 with HP2200 laserjet as default printer results the same failure as before.

When I choose PDF Creator as a default printer or printing HTML message that deformation is not present.

post-188815-1232369637_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tihiy,

My Explorer menu bar is using ClearType, but the drop-down menus are not using ClearType except the Favorites menu???

Also, the address box in Internet Explorer is not using ClearType.

So far, all drop-down menus and menu bars in other applications are not using ClearType.

As mentioned earlier, my windows title bar is not using ClearType, nor is the start bar or start button, but the clock is...

however, some people have these using ClearType as seen from their screen shots. Perhaps because they use UberSkin???

It's been working really well on your current build.

Thanks Tihiy!

As mentioned earlier, my windows title bar is not using ClearType, nor is the start bar or start button, but the clock is...

however, some people have these using ClearType as seen from their screen shots. Perhaps because they use UberSkin???

No, they're not; check pixels. As I said, i've pushed CT down my "features" list and won't be back to it soon. But later.

I've found a bug while printing document with header in Word 2000 .

First I noticed at my LCD upper parts of words in document header were partially covered blue and finally on the printed sheet all lines are black rectangles (no letters only bullets are visible)

The same printing problem occurs in Docx2Rtf while working with *.docx file

Instead of having to install Microsoft Reader, with all it's files and registry trash, couldn't just ctras.dll and it's corresponding registry entries be used instead?

The file I've attached to this post, is the way I've implemented Clear Type on my Computer...

Files included in ClearType.7z

ctras.dll
ctras-dll.sig
cleartype on.reg
cleartype off.reg
~res.txt

THX! I trying (without Microsoft Reader) ClearType only with "watewer420's" files ad new rpclrtyp.dll (Tihiy). :thumbup

Firefox, Opera (9.63), ICQ (!), Word2000, CorelDRAW 8, 9, 11 (czech language), Photoshop 5 and 7 properly ClearType, IE (6.1) without top menu too.

Hi, I am beta-test-man ClearType .... z244.gif

I hate to do this, but forum rule 1b expressly forbids redistributing any component of a vendor product (free or otherwise) unless you have express rights to do so. Unless Microsoft granted you the right to redist that .dll, please remove the zip file and any links directly to it. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

one question.

is it a must to install the reader.

or is it possible to only use the files from the reader.

that contains the cleartype technology.

put them info system folder and maybe register them or something.

You should ask WildBill, I've advised him thing but he hasn't answered.

Maybe he doesn't want it for legal/performance reasons...

I won't implement it, unless there will be profit.