Post-RTM Updates for Windows 7 (Discontinued)

• 2 weeks later...

coucou, below is weblink to a winxp update list for both x86 and x64 done by klui, they are not up to date, but they do work.

Let me know what else you think should be included. I'm too lazy to create new distributions for the ASP.net out-of-band update. I've noted the entries and will include it after this coming Tuesday's large patch bundle.

coucou, below is weblink to a winxp update list for both x86 and x64 done by klui, they are not up to date, but they do work.

Let me know what else you think should be included. I'm too lazy to create new distributions for the ASP.net out-of-band update. I've noted the entries and will include it after this coming Tuesday's large patch bundle.

You could include optional updates like, Windows Live Essentials 2009 for XP x86, DirectX Update, MS Security Essentials 1.0, and other free stuff that MS offers that will work with XP x86 and x64.

I've had a look at your list both x86 and x64 and it's nicely organised but, you do need to keep your UL's up to date as much as possible, and good luck with next week's mega patch tuesday.

Edited by steven4554

You could include optional updates like ... DirectX Update

I did fresh install and DirectX was at 9.0c. I started with XPSP3 x86 and XPSP2 x64 and presume people who start from there would get 9.0c.

I've had a look at your list both x86 and x64 and it's nicely organised but, you do need to keep your UL's up to date as much as possible, and good luck with next week's mega patch tuesday.

Any positives came from the original authors' work.

You could include optional updates like ... DirectX Update

I did fresh install and DirectX was at 9.0c. I started with XPSP3 x86 and XPSP2 x64 and presume people who start from there would get 9.0c.

No, what i mean is that you could include the DirectX Runtimes Redistributable update which has a new version released every 3 or 4 months, here's the weblink: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=3b170b25-abab-4bc3-ae91-50ceb6d8fa8d

Description from MS and i quote:

Microsoft DirectX is a group of technologies designed to make Windows-based computers an ideal platform for running and displaying applications rich in multimedia elements such as full-color graphics, video, 3D animation, and rich audio. DirectX includes security and performance updates, along with many new features across all technologies, which can be accessed by applications using the DirectX APIs.

Edited by steven4554

No, what i mean is that you could include the DirectX Runtimes Redistributable update which has a new version released every 3 or 4 months

I don't play games and Microsoft Update doesn't provide DirectX updates so I didn't know about this distribution. Thanks for the tip.

@steven4554

Thanks again for your latest updates. :thumbup

Thanks, this was by far the most updates i've ever seen, so by the time i finished, my brain was hurting. Only next day to find out that i had missed an update, so had to include that as well, just hope that next month's patch tuesday will have less updates to deal with.:)

Edited by steven4554