Post-RTM Updates for Windows 7 (Discontinued)

Hi, Thanks for this! :D Heres a list of the updates that have come out since you last updated the list.

Important

KB2079403

KB2160329

KB978886

KB980436

KB981852

KB982214

KB982665

KB982799

KB971033

KB2183461

Optional

KB890830 Windows Malicious software removal tool August 2010

KB982670 Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client profile

KB982664 Internet Explorer 8 Compatibility View list

How can I create a list? I was thinking of creating a list for office 2007 But I dont know where to start.

Edit: I found a program to do this Here and I found out how to package the update list here but the program doesn't seem to work anymore. WUD just spits out errors when trying to load the update list.

The update list is malformed. there are multiple root elements. Line 9, Position 2. (X2)

The update list is malformed. Unexpected end of file has occurred. The following elements are not closed: Line 22 Position 10.

Would you be kind enough to give me the layout of an update list?

Edited by Burningicecube

If my system language is Simple Chinese,can I use this ULZ?

All updates for Windows 7 are Language Neutral which means that all updates that MS makes for Win7 will work with any language. So yes you can use this ULZ.

How can I create a list? I was thinking of creating a list for office 2007 But I dont know where to start.

Edit: I found a program to do this Here and I found out how to package the update list here but the program doesn't seem to work anymore. WUD just spits out errors when trying to load the update list.

The update list is malformed. there are multiple root elements. Line 9, Position 2. (X2)

The update list is malformed. Unexpected end of file has occurred. The following elements are not closed: Line 22 Position 10.

Here's the layout i use for my UL's below:-

<update id="" category="" publishdate="" article="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/kb">
<title></title>
<description></description>
<filename></filename>
<url></url>
</update>

As for packaging the UL, just zip them up with either the built-in windows zip app or 7-zip, then rename the file extension from .zip to .ulz, if you still get errors it means you've made a mistake somewhere, and i wish you luck with your new UL.:)

Append .xml to your list's name and drag it into Firefox. It should show you the exact line that's causing the problem.

If my system language is Simple Chinese,can I use this ULZ?

All updates for Windows 7 are Language Neutral which means that all updates that MS makes for Win7 will work with any language. So yes you can use this ULZ.

Here's the layout i use for my UL's below:-

<update id="" category="" publishdate="" article="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/kb">
<title></title>
<description></description>
<filename></filename>
<url></url>
</update>

As for packaging the UL, just zip them up with either the built-in windows zip app or 7-zip, then rename the file extension from .zip to .ulz, if you still get errors it means you've made a mistake somewhere, and i wish you luck with your new UL.:)

Append .xml to your list's name and drag it into Firefox. It should show you the exact line that's causing the problem.

Thanks so much for your guys help :) I got my update list working :D I only have 1 update in it atm though. I'll probably do the rest this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the useful list and app, but how does one add to their own list ? i using slipstreamed win 7 ultimate sp1 beta and it has 5 additional updates on a fresh install

1. Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta for x64-based Systems (KB2183461)

2. Security Update for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta for x64-based Systems (KB2032276)

3. Security Update for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta for x64-based Systems (KB2079403)

4. Security Update for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta for x64-based Systems (KB2286198)

5. Security Update for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta for x64-based Systems (KB982665)

Thanks for the nice work Steven

No problem, glad you like my list.

thanks for the useful list and app, but how does one add to their own list ? i using slipstreamed win 7 ultimate sp1 beta and it has 5 additional updates on a fresh install

1. Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta for x64-based Systems (KB2183461)

2. Security Update for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta for x64-based Systems (KB2032276)

3. Security Update for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta for x64-based Systems (KB2079403)

4. Security Update for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta for x64-based Systems (KB2286198)

5. Security Update for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Beta for x64-based Systems (KB982665)

Just one thing, i didn't make the app, Jcarle did, so please thank him for making this very useful program. As for you question, i believe i've already answered it here.

Edited by steven4554

• 3 weeks later...

Steven4554

I was wondering where you get the download links from. I have noticed that you have not included a few updates and I wanted to add them to the download list.

These are kb976002 (this is the EU update only), the 4 updates for Virtual PC and xp mode KB958559, KB977206, KB977632 and WindowsXPMode_en-us, and the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile for Windows 7 (KB982670).

Gareth

I get the download links from the MS download site.

1. Update KB976002 is not included because not everyone lives in the EU, and i have no plans to include the update anytime soon.

2. I used to include XP mode and VPC and it's updates in my list, but i decided to axe them as it has limited capabilities compared to other vm's.

3. While i do provide updates for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 for Windows 7, currently i don't for other versions, but now that you've brought this up i will look to include .NET Framework 4 in the near future.