Post-RTM Updates for Windows 7 (Discontinued)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have downloaded Build 998 of the downloader and am asked to download 999, but it does not take me to the link ????

I am a fairly old man, fairly new to computers, so please be patient.

The download list from steven 4554 is a list without any so-called "risky downloads" that might harm my computer, as described on the MyDigitalLife Forum, I assume? Thanks Steven, seems to be great work, but where is that Build 999, does it exist?

Gretings, and thanks again, Hannibal Lecter

I have downloaded Build 998 of the downloader and am asked to download 999, but it does not take me to the link ????

The download list from steven 4554 is a list without any so-called "risky downloads" that might harm my computer, as described on the MyDigitalLife Forum, I assume? Thanks Steven, seems to be great work, but where is that Build 999, does it exist?

It's a bug in WUD build 998 that makes it think that there is a build 999, but there is not, though build 1000 is available, but you will get the same results.

My advise would be to disable WUD checking for updates to stop it nagging you to download the so-called build 999.

Here's a link to a picture showing how to disable checking for updates in WUD:-

http://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p79HtgmHGAitfTaOBNNIOX6QXsJAOceUwNp3UiusGGYpXOElzDYvlVAoc3ic32g4w_VtigV87lQEIK3muWLlqjQ/wud-disable.jpg

It's a bug in WUD build 998 that makes it think that there is a build 999, but there is not, though build 1000 is available, but you will get the same results.

My advise would be to disable WUD checking for updates to stop it nagging you to download the so-called build 999.

Here's a link to a picture showing how to disable checking for updates in WUD:-

http://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p79HtgmHGAitfTaOBNNIOX6QXsJAOceUwNp3UiusGGYpXOElzDYvlVAoc3ic32g4w_VtigV87lQEIK3muWLlqjQ/wud-disable.jpg

Thanks I will do that, (one minute later:) worked perfectly.

I am still not clear about where to check for latest list of the non-harmful Windows 7 updates.

I only got this computer with 7 about a week ago, very first thing I did, I installed the updates from MS, except for the one I knew might cause a problem. How do I proceed from now on? The ones from May's Tuesday for example...

I have installed the latest of your lists and can simply download all of it, it will select by itself what is not already there?

Edited by HannibalLecter

Thanks I will do that, (one minute later:) worked perfectly.

I am still not clear about where to check for latest list of the non-harmful Windows 7 updates.

I only got this computer with 7 about a week ago, very first thing I did, I installed the updates from MS, except for the one I knew might cause a problem. How do I proceed from now on? The ones from May's Tuesday for example...

I have installed the latest of your lists and can simply download all of it, it will select by itself what is not already there?

I would download and install the last remaining update, and see what happens, you never know it might not cause any problems to your system, but if it does just uninstall it, by going to windows update and clicking on the installed updates on the bottom left and double click on update KB978542 and follow the instructions on screen.

And you don't have to worry about any of the update list's posted here, they are all clean and geniune.

Edited by steven4554

And you don't have to worry about any of the update list's posted here, they are all clean and geniune.

Thank you, that is precisely what I wanted to know..

Thanks again for the great work you guys are doing for all of us beginners. By now I understand at least enough to really appreciate that...

See you after June-Tuesday.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for your great work!!!!!

No problem, and i will continue to update my ULZ's as much as possible.

have any ULs for win 7(tradition chinese)

As far as i know, all Windows 7 updates are language neutral, which means that all languages are supported!