Driverforge or Driver Import PE?

ScarabJsy

Hi.

I've been struggling with this one for a day or two now. I need to create a PE bootable OS that contains network and storage drivers for a range of HP servers, for the purpose of ghosting. I'd like to be able to install drivers when running the PE OS, so that my build will work with future devices that I can merge to the build or put on a USB key.

Creating the PE is pretty straight forward. I've managed to include my ghosting software, and the LAN/Mass storage driverpacks successfully. In addition i've downloaded and included the range of specific drivers I need, and added them to a folder in the root of the PE disk. I'm using Server 2003 R2 as the drivers are all for 2003.

Firstly I tried to use Driver Import PE. I got it installed successfully and included the correct fbwf plugin - which launches fine in PE. When I select a driver from the folder on the X: drive, I get an error saying 'No or wrong driver'. Various attempts at this have failed. I am using the right drivers for the 2003 OS.

I then tried to use Driverforge, but since I don't see a way of installing a plugin for it (does it exist?) I only added it to the PE disk and run it from start menu. I changed the .inf file to point to my driver folder (x:\hp\) where the uncompressed folders reside. It runs successfully but doesn't seem to do anything.

Is there a way to install drivers in real-time on a PE that's running from CD?

Any help on this one appreciated!

Mark

DriverForge is intended to be run from the OS, not the PE.

I do not think I know of a way to do what you need. Other than copy DriverForge and the drivers to the HDD after imaging, then script it so that on the reboot it installs everything for you, or use the sysprep to do it for you instead?

Is there a way to install drivers in real-time on a PE that's running from CD?

Any help on this one appreciated!

Mark

Newish app (for Mass Storage):

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?sho...c=22523&hl=

Driver Import PE usually works allright.

Maybe reviewing this thread:

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=5213

you may find a step you missed. :unsure:

jaclaz