AutoIt Error when extracting archive

JC is LORD

I have been getting a AutoIt error when trying to covert any archive, (archive or executable's) :realmad:

AutoIt Error

Line -1:

Error: Unable to execute the external program.

The system cannot find the file specified.

| OK |

I'm using the latest version on the laptop ( 1.6 (10/17/2008) )

I've have this problem with an older version on a Win2K PC as well ( 1.6 beta (08/09/2007) )

I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling but no change.

I think the AutoIt on the PC got a virus at one time but the laptop I've just bought and copied the old beta onto but was still doing it, then downloaded the latest version but still doing it. Is there somewhere in the registry that could be corrupted by the old beta. IT worked fine for a long time on the PC but then didn't work. I've even tried deleting all references in the registry with (UniExtract.exe) in it but it made no difference.

I hope you can help.

JC is LORD, I split your post off to its own topic because it's not really a bug report, but rather a request for help with a problem that you're having. I'm trying to keep the bug report and feature request threads fairly clean.

As for your problem, I'm really not sure what could be causing it. The error message sounds like UniExtract was unable to call one of the support binaries, but I'm not sure why that would happen in a released version. Try using the portable (noinst) version and let me know if the same thing happens. Also, what specific file are you trying to extract?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I have been getting a AutoIt error when trying to covert any archive, (archive or executable's) :realmad:

AutoIt Error

Line -1:

same error happened to me last month and I had to format my hard drive but... I suspect the error come from your "corrupt" registry.

In my case I remember that I ran some registry cleaners software and deleted some "environment variables" of windows... so I recommend a format :(

systemroot9077934.jpg

Edited by DarkBlood

• 2 years later...

AutoIt Error

Line -1:

| OK |

I'm using the latest version on the laptop ( 1.6 (10/17/2008) )

I've have this problem with an older version on a Win2K PC as well ( 1.6 beta (08/09/2007) )

I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling but no change.

I think the AutoIt on the PC got a virus at one time but the laptop I've just bought and copied the old beta onto but was still doing it, then downloaded the latest version but still doing it. Is there somewhere in the registry that could be corrupted by the old beta. IT worked fine for a long time on the PC but then didn't work. I've even tried deleting all references in the registry with (UniExtract.exe) in it but it made no difference.

I hope you can help.

I've just managed to fix the same problem here :

HTH,

Joe.