windows 7-Vlite removed WMP

Rudi1

Hi!

I'am remove WMP with Vlite from Windows7 and work just fine,also I'am remove IE explorer,because I'am use Opera browser for years.I'am find one complete pack of plugins for Opera made by DUHALAB,but I have a problem because

the WMP plugin don't work .So,some web pages where is a movies in WMP format don't play.

Can someone help me with solution how I can solve this problem or maybae which one files I must keep (protect files) so the WMP plugin will work?

I'am try to install wmlite240 ,but still not go :unsure:

Edited by Rudi1

sorry removing WMP and IE doesn't make your system faster. Buy more RAM to speedup your PC. Always keep such important parts even if you don't use them!!!!!

agreed. wmp and ie was so integrated into the system, removing them would likely to cause problems.

yes,you are maybae right,but this is not what i like to know.I don't need IE,because so far I'am always delete it with nlite or vlite .Now we have much better browsers available like the bugy IE(Firefox,Opera...) All of you know that microsoft have also the windows N version and this version is without WMP ,but we need the WMP codec files too.

I am using windows 2008 without WMP (but i still keep IE in my system) and after installing wmlite240 i can play WMV content through Firefox with WMP plugin. So there is problaby something wrong with opera, or with your installation of wmlite240 (To get work Windows Media on non WMP system you must select FULL instalation of wmlite instead of DEFAULT)

I am using windows 2008 without WMP (but i still keep IE in my system) and after installing wmlite240 i can play WMV content through Firefox with WMP plugin. So there is problaby something wrong with opera, or with your installation of wmlite240 (To get work Windows Media on non WMP system you must select FULL instalation of wmlite instead of DEFAULT)

Thanx for this info,you are right.I must choose the full install.Also the K-lite standard pack work too.Now the wmv movie files and plugin work. :hello:

Edited by Rudi1

sorry removing WMP and IE doesn't make your system faster. Buy more RAM to speedup your PC. Always keep such important parts even if you don't use them!!!!!
yup

bottom line, don't remove a component if you use any part of it.

ie wmp plugin, keep wmp!

if you don't want to accept our help stay with your issue. We said what you should do.

Why are there so many jack-asses in this community? Catching a guy on technicalities when there is an obvious language barrier is just not cool. He simply wants to slim his OS as much as possible. Probably because of hardware constraints. I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I could tell by his first post that he was an nLite user, and many people used nLited versions of XP with IE and WMP completely removed and had no issues. Always seemed risky to me but some may assume that later versions of Windows could also handle that kind of slimming.

Not until two posts before me did he finally get a truly helpful answer.

But alas, the info is generally correct. Since vLite came out, I have only heard of people running into issues when removing IE and WMP. IE to me seems obvious because of it's so similar to Windows Explorer. I tend to keep some of those core Windows Apps that seem to have almost universal integration with other windows components. Case and point: IE and WMP.

Edited by MPalmz

Well,you are right MPalmz!and thank you for your support.I'am only try to get help from experience users from this forum.I know that removing stuff like IE and WMP possible made a trouble,but this is the point of Vlite to remove components from os.I know my friend Nuhi long time ago when he is just start with nlite and I'am made a lot of test with nlite and now with Vlite too.I can say that Nuhi is a great person and he is help me a lot,but now is to busy with project and personal life,so I'am ask the guestion here where every one can see and read it.If exist some solution why keep this 2 components if I never use it,but this is only my opinion.

Removing WMP has never given me much trouble, but you should at least keep the codecs. Removing this stuff gives you no increase in speed, minimal space savings and plenty of potential headaches.

but this is the point of Vlite to remove components from os

I think the idea is to strike a balance between saving space and building a trouble free system. It's not a zero sum game, but it does seem like it at times so careful considerations must be made with regard to the potential problems caused by removing deep rooted system components. The performance increase in VLited systems is largely a myth so I don't even consider that issue.